Manager, Venue Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games will be hosted in Los Angeles, California in 2028, returning to the United States for the first time in over 30 years. 2028 will be the first time LA hosts the Paralympic Games, creating an opportunity to expand awareness, understanding and inclusion of people with disabilities.
LA28, the organizers for the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Los Angeles, is on a mission to create an unparalleled Games experience for athletes, fans, partners, our community and our people. Our vision is to collectively create what's next through sport, community and the power of our differences.
The LA28 Games will represent LA and leverage the strength of our community's diversity and creativity as we collectively work to design a Games that we all want to be a part of. We do this by focusing on people and by inviting everyone into the story of the LA28 Games.
The LA28 organizing committee is an independent, non-profit organization that is privately funded and governed by a board of directors.
Our Vision is to collectively create what's next by harnessing sport, community and the power of our differences. Our Mission is to create an unparalleled Olympic and Paralympic experience for athletes, fans, partners, our community and our people.
Values and Behaviors:
- Optimism – Embody a positive, enthusiastic, and solution-oriented attitude in everything we do; inspire and support one another to achieve our best; have our eyes on the future and believe we can make a meaningful impact
- Integrity – We communicate openly and honestly, listen, and respectfully value multiple perspectives; we do what we say and are accountable for everything we do; we do the right thing, always. Even when it isn't easy
- Excellence – We hold ourselves to the highest standard and expectations; we live our values and truths and persevere through challenges; we are continuous learners and adapt and pivot with speed to meet changing needs
- Inclusion – We seek to represent, include, empower and level the playing field; our work reflects the communities we serve and the world in which we live; we leverage our platforms to bring awareness to issues relevant to who we are
- Co-Creation – We are authors of a shared story. We embrace collaboration within and across teams; everyone contributes their unique voice to our shared mission; we share pride in our accomplishments and ownership of our shortcomings
- Boldness – We embrace creativity, courage and outside-the-box thinking; we are unafraid to take risks, explore unconventional solutions, and learn from the process; we are innovators, disruptors, and challengers of the status quo
Manager, Venue Operations
The Games Planning & Delivery group aims to deliver the most seamless, innovative, and engaging Games experience ever for all athletes, fans, partners, and the community. The Games Planning & Delivery team is currently organized in four key areas including Venues & Delivery, Revenue & Commercial, Games Operations, and Games Experience, but will expand to over 30 functional areas by Games time.
The Manager, Venue Operations will fill a critical cross-functional role that will lead the collation, development, and refinement of venue operating requirements for the Olympic and Paralympic Games competition venues. Aligning against LA28's delivery strategy and partner capabilities, this individual will work closely with internal functions to assess and develop optimal operating and staffing models to meet Games operating objectives.
The successful candidate will be highly organized self-starter, detail-oriented, and a team player extremely comfortable collaborating across diverse operating areas. They will have several years of experience in venue and event operations, will be proficient in budget development, and have had extensive exposure to a wide variety of related industry stakeholders and operators.
This position will report to the Vice President, Delivery Partners
- Review and assess standard IOC operating requirements and service levels and refine based on LA28 strategic vision and partner capabilities
- Work closely with all functional areas to identify and understand individual operating requirements for competition venues
- Compile, maintain, and update comprehensive operating requirements documentation
- Collaborate across Games Planning and Delivery group in the development of the overall event delivery strategy
- Assess operating practices from past Games, best-in-class venues, and identify successful models and approaches that align with LA28 delivery strategy
- Assess individual partner operating capacities and capabilities and develop specific recommendations for partner responsibilities
- Develop operating and staffing models based on venue type and partner capabilities
- Assist Strategy and HR in the refinement of venue workforce plans
- Support the development and refinement of venue operating budgets
- Identify and develop measures and approaches to increase operational efficiencies, mitigate operational risks, and enhance stakeholder experience (including athletes, fans, partners, and media)
- Working with internal stakeholders and external subject matter experts, help coordinate the development of the 'Model Event Operating Plan' (MEOP).
- Collate cross-functional inputs for MEOP and coordinate refinement based on LA28 delivery strategy
- Minimum 6 years of experience working in relevant roles in major event planning and operation and/or sports and entertainment venue operations.
- Strong understanding of sports and entertainment venue operations
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication, team building and interpersonal skills
- A committed team player with a collaborative mindset and problem-solving skills, comfortable working across diverse stakeholder groups both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and a self-starter with experience in defining tasks, seeking feedback, and evolving work
- Experience creating, developing and refining operational processes and procedures
- Ability to work effectively in a close team environment
- Fluent working with Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Powerpoint and Excel
- Strong interest in the Olympic and Paralympic Movement and sport culture
- Bachelor's Degree required
LA28 is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at LA28