Data Entry Clerk
LA Vapor Hacienda Heights, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
LA Vapor, Inc. is a vaping distribution company looking for a talented and motivated Data Entry Clerk. Our company was founded in sunny Los Angeles, California in 2013 and over the years, our company has become one of the nation's largest vaping distributors. We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture where all voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. Our primary business is conducting B2B sales to retail stores and other wholesalers around the country.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Data Entry Clerk to assist us with comparing data with source documents, re-enter data in verification format to detect errors and other miscellaneous tasks as directed. We are seeking someone who is either a recent college graduate with an AA or has 2 years of experience as an data entry clerk. This position will be a non-exempt full time position. The hours for this position are Mondays-Fridays from 8:00 am-5:00 pm. ALL applicants MUST be able to work these hours.
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
- Compile, sort, and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
- Store completed documents in appropriate locations.
- Select materials needed to complete work assignments.
- Maintain logs of activities and completed work.
- Conduct phone calls to potential vendors who might be interested in working with our company
- Assist sales managers with quotes
- Researching and identifying prospective vendors to contact
- Developing strong vendor relationships through consistent follow ups
- Ensuring that all vendor orders are shipped to our customers in a timely manner
- Working with team members to collectively gain leads and achieve sales goals
Qualifications/The Ideal Candidate
- You are reliable and a proven trustworthy individual
- You keep a close eye on your inbox and jump on assignments faster than we can throw 'em at you.
- 1-2 years of Shopify experience required
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills
- You are able to learn new softwares with ease
- Familiarity with the electronic cigarette industry is a huge HUGE plus
- Youre either working on or possess a Associates degree from an accredited 2-year college in Communications, Business Administration or related majors OR
- 2-3 years of data entry experience required
- 2-3 years of vendor relations experience required
- Applicants must have a usable knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Applicants must have prior customer service experience especially experience with upselling
- Must be comfortable making cold calls and speaking to vendors over the phone
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and a 50 WPM minimum typing speed. Typing tests may be applied if applicants are approved after the initial interview process.
- Must possess an outgoing and self-motivated personality
Our employees enjoy a competitive pay structure with this position paying between starting at $15.00 per hour depending on experience. After a brief 90 day probationary period, we offer paid time off as well as medical insurance benefits. We also offer our employees an employee discount on inventory items such as vapes, tanks as well as e-liquids.