Seamstress, Tailor, or Seamster for Law Enforcement Uniforms
LA Police Gear Valencia, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a tailor or seamstress/seamster with part-time availability to work at our Valencia retail store. The ideal candidate would be able to quickly provide quality basic and complex alterations to garments according to customer specifics. Must be available to work weekends.
- Perform all aspects of sewing and alterations as required by the company
- Verify order before beginning alterations-check merchandise for correct color, size, style, etc.
- Hem and tailor garments as needed
- Apply patches and sew embellishments
- Repairing and customizing garments including shortening sleeves, inserting zippers, replacing broken zippers, patching clothing, sewing belt loops, etc.
- Maintain a clean workspace.
- Interact with customers to ensure their needs are met.
- Other duties not otherwise specified.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Years of sewing and alterations experience required.
- MUST have former law enforcement uniform experience.
- Experience with industrial sewing equipment a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A flexible attitude and willingness to work in various departments if need be.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Job Requirements:
1. Sitting on a constant basis.
2. Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting and stooping on an occasional basis.
3. Viewing information on monitors, phone, and paperwork.
4. Manual dexterity to operate all machines
5. Measuring customers when necessary for size needs.
- Paid Sick Time
- Discounts on most products
Must be 18 years or older to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Employment is contingent upon the desired outcome of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.
LA Police GearWhy Work Here?
Great work environment with new and challenging tasks always coming up!
LA Police Gear is one of the largest online retailers of military, police, and tactical apparel and gear. We have a reputation for low prices, fast shipping, and great customer service. Our operation is very lean and employees are expected to work extremely hard and efficiently. We currently have two retail stores, with plans to open more.
28704 The Old RoadValencia, CA
RetailView all jobs at LA Police Gear