LA Police Gear is seeking a full-time Product Development Coordinator. The key function of the Product Development Coordinator is to assist in the organization and communication of all LAPG Branded products by sourcing, reviewing, analyzing, and comparing; colors, fits, features, branding and packaging of existing products and new product samples. Daily tasks include but are not limited to reviewing and comparing multiple stages of samples for accuracy, understanding color and fabric composition across multiple types of textiles, and taking detailed and comprehensive notes for archiving and factory correspondence purposes.
The Product Development Coordinator must be self-motivated, work at a fast pace, able to document fast paced dictated notes that can be used to convey product specifics in detailed emails to the factories. Must have a strong understanding or able to quickly adapt to Microsoft 365 outlook, SharePoint, OneNote, and Excel.
Will assist Ecommerce Department with data entry and product listings as needed.
Duties (including, but not limited to):
- Send/Receive samples, sketches, and specs for item development
- Create Spec sheets according to product specific needs
- Organize raw materials, sample library, and archived product
- Maintain and update digital and hard copies of all product files
- Communicate with factories in a timely matter on a daily basis
- Update and maintain excel spreadsheet of products
- Maintain information on project management tool
- Source new samples and gather initial costing and development ETAs
- Aid in the researching, developing, and testing of new products
- Assist in approving samples based on spec sheets
- Take digital notes during product development meetings.
- Update product descriptions, images, and pricing on LA Police Gear website.
- Help maintain inventory levels by reviewing reports showing slow moving inventory and generating website changes to expedite the sales of said inventory.
- Basic photo editing - removing white backgrounds, resizing, etc.
- Add new items/remove old items from LA Police Gear website.
- Add, update, and discontinue items as needed in the order management system.
- Contact manufacturers to obtain up to date product information each quarter/season
- Generate and submit purchase orders with vendors.
- Answer customers’ product questions.
- Regularly conduct quality control on LA Police Gear branded product shipments..
- Light cleaning such as consistently maintaining a clean workspace and contributing to the overall cleanliness of the public office spaces (kitchen, bathroom, breakroom, etc.).
- Light clerical duties such as filing samples and documents in your office.
- Other tasks otherwise not specified.
- Extremely proficient at all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Extremely well organized.
- Aptitude for relevant fashion and design within our specific industry
- Technologically savvy.
- Basic HTML knowledge is required.
- Very detail oriented.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to make educated decisions with little assistance from others when necessary
- 50+ WPM minimum required, 75+ WPM preferred.
- Excellent time management.
Bonus Skills (not required):
- Marketing and promotions
- Police or military experience
Physical Job Requirements:
- Sitting on a constant basis.
- Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, lifting and stooping on an occasional basis.
- Climbing stairs on a daily basis.
- Viewing information on monitors, phone, and paperwork.
- Manual dexterity to operate all phone and computer equipment.
- Occasionally lift boxes up to 40 lbs. (anything heavier should be lifted with additional team members).
- Health Insurance with some employer contribution (full-time only)
- Vision/Dental/Chiropractic Insurance (full-time only)
- 401K (full-time only)
- Discounts on Large Brands
- One week paid vacation (after the first year of employment)
- Three paid sick days
LA Police Gear
Why Work Here?LA Police Gear is one of the largest online retailers of military, police, and tactical apparel and gear. We have a reputation for low prices, fast shipping, and great customer service. Our operation is very lean and employees are expected to work extremely hard and efficiently. We currently have two retail stores, with plans to open more.
Great work environment with new and challenging tasks always coming up!