Senior Project Lead Engineer
Senior Project Lead Engineer
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs\. As aprime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic andsensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe\. Weembrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for militaryand commercial customers\. Electronic Systems Segment \(ESS\) is one of threeL3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, securityand detection systems, and pilot training\.
Aviation Communication &Surveillance Systems \(ACSS\), an L3 Technologies and Thales Company, is a leaderin safety avionics systems that increase safety, situational awareness andefficiency for aircraft operators in all phases of flight\.ACSS products are operating in commercial,corporate and military aircraft\.ACSS isa division of L3 Aviation Products \(L3 AP\)\. L3 AP is a leading provider ofcommercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality andcustomer support\. L3 AP manufactures a diverse line of safety\- andefficiency\-enhancing products that sets the standard for next\-generationrequirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collisionavoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors\. L3 APalso offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integratedperformance\-based logistics for military and commercial systems\.
You will work with leading edge technologies and alongside some of the brightest colleagues in the industry as a Senior Project Lead Engineer for engineering project execution and technical direction of the project team composed of allocated engineering resources from all disciplines\.
- Responsible for leading project design, development, implementation, test, and certification efforts while adhering to good project management practices\.
- Assists Program Manager in balancing multiple and competing objectives and priorities in meeting assigned project objectives, schedule, and budget\.
- Develops and maintains progress using Microsoft Project Server\.
- Reports on variances in project schedule and budget\.
- Disseminates project requirements into team and individual responsibilities\.
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation with Continuous Improvement Initiatives\.
- Collaborates with assigned cross\-functional teams\.
- Leads teams through conflict resolution, clarifying objectives, developing consensus, coaching on technical issues, and goal setting\.
- Maintains all documentation to be utilized with future project\.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering field
- 5 plus years working in Aerospace or Electronics
- Candidate should have additional experience as project leader across multiple engineering disciplines including project planning, execution, control, reporting, and management\.
- Familiarity with DO\-178B and DO\-254 developments\.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project Server\.
- Working knowledge of project management fundamentals; work breakdown structure, critical path analysis, risk management, scope management, earned value, etc\.
- PMP preferred\.
- Strong communication skills\.
- Must have strong bias for action\.
L3 Technologies, Inc\. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer\. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment\. L3 maintains a drug\-free workplace and performs pre\-employment substance abuse testing and background checks\. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic\.
Job Engineering \-Multiple Functions
Primary Location USA\-Arizona\-Phoenix
US Security Clearance Required: None
Shift: Day \- 1st
Organization: Division \- Aviation Comm\. & Surveillance\-20000021
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Posting: Jun 17, 2019, 2:22:41 PM
Req ID: 108753