Field Service Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high\-performing talent who are passionate about what they do\. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth\. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work\-life success\. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do\.
Under limited supervision, the Field Service Engineer provides a variety of high\-level comprehensive engineering services to both internal and external customers in factory and in the field\. This position will be required to work on high\-powered electronic equipment in an industrial environment, aboard ships, as well as commercial facilities\. This role will be required to perform emergency and scheduled maintenance and assist in the removal, modernization, and installation of customer equipment and may be required to troubleshoot equipment down to component board level\. While in factory, this role will aid in a variety of test engineering tasks utilizing acquired Electrical Engineering skills and general testing equipment including but not limited to: evaluation, troubleshooting, integration, and testing of new and returned assemblies associated with the company's military product lines\. Must be able to read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams and installation drawings\. This position may be required to travel for field activities, as needed\. Familiarity with Nuclear Navy principles and regulations desired\. Must be able to document all test findings and status' and initiate procedure changes as required by company procedures\.
Position level to be determined based on requisite experience and/or education\.
- General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot problems and perform repairs, tests, and alignments to other company equipment\. This includes analog and digital circuitry and appropriate mechanical adjustments\.
- Assists in special reports, engineering changes, failure analysis and any other requirements for product improvement and quality\. Supports engineering for any required testing, including Qualification testing\.
- Attend training courses on theory and operation of power equipment as scheduled and improve current knowledge of state\-of\-the\-art components products\.
- Responsible for following all proper safety requirements\.
- Identifies non\-conforming material and initiates Material Discrepancy Reports, FR/FF reports in TipQA, and Break\-Out Shop Orders, as applicable\.
- Programs and verifies programmable integrated circuits using approved procedures and Quality Assurance software\.
- Identifies and initiates changes to test documents using a Quality Test Change Request form\.
- Documents information for failure analysis and reporting using the Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System and Failure Analysis Reports\.
- Must be able to provide field service support bringing new products or product enhancements to market as well as the entire product development life cycle\. Supporting member of engineering team from requirements and concepts through design, integration, and verification/validation\.
- Performs field service activities \(e\.g\. verification/validation activities, field change instruction development, tech manual development and markups\) in the support of engineering projects or programs\.
- Assists in the installation of customer equipment and on\-site acceptance testing\.
- Complete and submit expense reports and any other associated paperwork covering activities in the field\.
- Assists with proper preparation prior to responding to any field effort, including but not limited to; travel requests, security information, checking of test records, installation records, required tools, and any previous modifications\.
- Travel from assigned territory as required\.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end\-to\-end solutions that meet customers' mission\-critical needs\. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains\. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries\. L3Harris\.com
- High School Diploma/GED required\.
- Demonstrated 2 years relevant experience in mission critical operations \(e\.g\., power, data center, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, nuclear, including military\) required\.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting power generation, distribution, control systems, and/or electronics systems in a mission critical environment required\.
- Graduate of military technical trade schools \(e\.g\. Navy Nuclear Power School \(ET or EM\), Navy Aegis "C" school, etc\.\) with relevant experience in maintenance and operations desired\.
- Demonstrated experience with Nuclear Navy Processes and Procedures \(including Verbatim Compliance\) desired\.
- Must have experience and/or training with digital and analog circuitry as it applies to power equipment\. Broad\-based technical knowledge and experience troubleshooting and repairing power generating and distribution systems desired\. Previous equipment experience preferred\.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation, including:
b\) Technical Repair Standard procedures
c\) Quality procedures and instructions
d\) Equipment drawings and technical manuals
e\) Engineering Orders and Design File Memos
f\) Others as required
- Ability to perform troubleshooting relying on technical data, empirical means as well as theoretical approach to problem solving\.
- Ability to set up various test equipment and evaluate the data to use as a troubleshooting aid\.
- Must be physically able to work in confined spaces, climb ladders, move auxiliary equipment on casters, lift and carry heavy parts and sub\-assemblies, and be able to perform the above duties indoors and outdoors during inclement weather\.
- Willing to travel nationwide with notice\.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills\.
- Must possess good decision making ability and time management skills\.
- Must be very attentive to details\.
- Demonstrate the following traits:
b\) Strong interpersonal skills
d\) Team Player
e\) Independent self\-starter
- Must be able to obtain a DOD "Secret" clearance and a U\.S\. passport\.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and be able to drive a rental car\.
Job Field Engineering And Technical Support
Primary Location USA\-California\-Anaheim
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
Shift: Day \- 1st
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Organization: Divisions\-Maritime Power Systems \(MPS\)\-21003651
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2019, 10:29:59 PM