Design Engineer 3
L3Harrisis dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high\-performing talent whoare passionate about what they do\. Our employees are unified in a shareddedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth\.L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empoweremployees and promote work\-life success\. Fundamental to our culture is anunwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment toexcellence in everything we do\.
L3Harris Technologies is anagile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end\-to\-endsolutions that meet customers' mission\-critical needs\. The company providesadvanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space andcyber domains\. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000employees and customers in more than 130 countries\. L3Harris\.com
We currently have an opportunityfor an experienced DESIGN ENGINEER at our Torrance, California location\.Inthis position, you will design precision mechanical and electro\-mechanicalcomponents for product applications and produce associated engineering printsusing Pro/Engineer Creo & SOLIDWORKS CAD software\.You'll also develop tooling for R&D andproduction usage, including alignment, brazing, test, and assembly fixtures,and potting molds\.In addition, you willinvestigate design factors such as ease of manufacturing, cost, maintenance,and contractual specifications, and ensure that designs and engineering dataare accurate, functional, clearly communicated, and conform to internalstandards and procedures\.To accomplishthese tasks, you will interact with product engineering staff members,manufacturing personnel, procurement representatives, suppliers, and customersto identify requirements necessary to resolve design, manufacturing, andrelated issues, assist in preparation and presentation of design reviews,generate, coordinate and process Engineering change notices, and obtain finaldesign approval\. You must be able to handle multiple projects concurrently andadjust quickly to changing priorities\.
You will need at least seven yearsof design engineering & Tool design experience\.Other qualifications that will enable you toperform successfully in this position include:
- Proficiencyin the use of Pro/Engineer Creo 2\.0 CAD software \(min\) and knowledge ofWindchill PDMLink 10\.2 is required\.Experiencewith AutoCAD InventorandAltium PCB Design software tools is a plus\.
- Current or previousexperience with SolidWorks 2015, SolidWorks Enterprise PDM and Mentor GraphicsDX Designer PCB Design tools is a plus\.
- Knowledgeof drafting standards, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing \(ASME Y14\.5M\) isrequired\.
- Familiaritywith Windchill database management, change control process, materialproperties, manufacturing and machining techniques\.
- Understandingand experience with Tooling, jigs and fixtures design is required\.
- Knowledgeof 3D printer solid modeling usage is a bonus\.
- Abachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical ormanufacturing engineering or A\.S\. degree with min seven years is necessary\. Inlieu of a degree, an individual with 10 plus years of experience in design engineeringwill be considered\.
Job Engineering \-Multiple Functions
Primary Location USA\-California\-Torrance
US Security Clearance Required: None
Shift: Day \- 1st
Organization: Division \- Electron Technologies\-21000006
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2019, 11:55:33 AM
Req ID: 110944