L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. www.L3Harris.com
We are searching for a Financial Analyst for our newly formed Surveillance & Strike Systems (S3) Sector to serve as the Sector analyst dedicated to supporting the S3 Business Areas. The position is located in Plano, TX and will include collaboration with our business leaders in both Greenville, TX and Waco, TX. Some travel may be required (25%).
As the Financial Analyst you will serve a pivotal role in working across all business areas to provide a wide range of support and information to the leadership team and finance organizations throughout the Sector. The responsibilities of the Analyst include oversight and preparation of budgets, forecasts, month-end reporting and analysis, operational and management reporting, trend analysis, and ad hoc analysis to support management decision-making. The Analyst will support all business areas in preparing and reviewing a variety of complex financial data and will maintain and update various financial models and forecasts. He or she will review actuals vs. forecasts, investigate material variances, develop tools for improving the forecasting and analysis of actual results. The ideal candidate for this position must have strong analytical skills, will have experience supporting overall business operations, and enjoy working on very complex and critical projects.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Planning process - Consolidate Sector financial data and present analyses of forecasted amounts in relation to actual results and previous forecasts, and expectations. Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast. Perform sensitivity analyses to assess reasonable range of outcomes.
- Financial modeling - Prepare comprehensive financial models with an integrated set of financial statements, assumptions (such as revenue, margins and working capital requirements) and metrics. Analyze past results and future outcomes in conjunction with market analyses to develop recommendations for changes in model assumptions. Perform sensitivity analyses to assess reasonable range of outcomes.
- Financial analysis - Present analyses on forecasts and trends. Analysis for forecasts includes identifying, understanding and communicating changes in forecasts. Trends must also be identified, often by thorough data analysis. Expectation for this individual to identify risks and opportunities for the Sector. Financial analysis also encompasses leveraging tools to quickly access data and present meaningful, concise information.
- Process improvement - Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements.
- Project support and ad hoc requests - Projects may include pricing and proposal support, ROI analysis, and other short term assignments as required.
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of six (6) years of applicable experience. Degreed in Finance, Accounting, or related field desired. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- 1-3 years of FP&A or financial analyst experience required
- Experience within Aerospace & Defense industry preferred
- Exceptional data analysis and reporting capabilities
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong partner-building skills
- Highly organized work style and a project manager mindset
- Proactive and strong time management skills
- Experience working in a consolidation role preferred
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.