Assembler Welder III
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
- Perform a variety of tasks in production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Work from diagrams and drawings and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs and saws.
- Assemble parts per engineering instruction/documentation.Shall qualify to weld in accordance with the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Process (TIG) on Aluminum, Mild and Stainless Steel.
- Must qualify and weld in accordance with company standards, and AWS D1.1, D1.2, D1.3 and D1.6 in 2G, 3G and 4G positions for plate and 6G position for pipe. Testing must be X-ray verified.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, fit up, and welding operations of structures.
- Skilled in the use of measuring tools or instruments, as provided and appropriate, to assure accuracy in dimensions of work in process.
- Able to work for sustained periods of time in the standing position.
- Capable of reading, comprehending and complying with Work Instruction Process Sheets and Blueprints.
- Must have a working knowledge of welding equipment controls for both processing and safety.
- Able to effectively utilize fixtures, jigs, and clamps, as provided for effective positioning and holding of parts to be welded.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Perform other duties as required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
Secondary education in a vocational/technical school is preferred
Minimum of 5 years of experience assembling, hardware installation, welding aluminum and/or steel in a manufacturing environment, in accordance to Military Standards or similar standards. (Experience may be a combination of work experience and vocational education.)
Must have worked and been qualified under a Nadcap Accredited, Weld Certified environment.
Must be able to travel as needed to support program(s)
Must have knowledge of basic Math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written material, including blueprints, drawings and work instructions.
Must have demonstrated work experience with production of mechanical assemblies.
Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs.
Requires bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and pushing/pulling of heavy parts and occasional work in confined areas.
Must be able to pass vision testing to Jaeger 1, with or without corrective lenses.
NDT Level II Visual Testing a plus, but not required.
Records of WPQRs (Welder Performance Qualification Records) Certification shall be submitted.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.