Consider joining L.H. Frishkoff & Co. LLP as a member of our Client Accounting Service (CAS) Team. CAS is a growing and dynamic area of our firm which has a substantial reach to a large number of our firm’s clients. As a member of CAS you will operate in a team setting and hopefully be an essential part of its continued grown and success.
A position in CAS will provide opportunities to expand your knowledge, polish your skillset and upward mobility at one of the premier CPA firms in the New York City.
Those interested, should carefully review the candidate requirements and other attributes mentioned below.
CAS Staff / Supervisor - Candidate Requirements:
Accountant/Bookkeeper with at least seven years of experience in general accounting/bookkeeping in either the Public or Private sectors.
Must possess strong basic accounting fundamentals, be detail oriented and knowledgeable with various accounting software programs. Daily tasks will vary and candidate must be able to transition regularly among client accounts and tasks. Must be detail oriented and organized. Strong communication skills are necessary for daily interaction with managers, staff and clients. Must have a strong comprehension of accounting concepts for a variety of business types including revenue and expense recognition and maintenance of balance sheet including supplementary schedules and reconciliations.
Must have experience in supervising and training staff accountants.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Supervise and train staff, including delegation of assignments, workflow scheduling
· Review vendor invoices to ensure accuracy
· Process payments by check, online bill pay and/or credit card
· Make deposits at local branch and electronically
· Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers
· Allocation of expenses between intercompany accounts
· Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations
· Prepare various account analysis
· Prepare job costing reports
· Correspondence with vendors
· Financial statement preparation
· Journal entries and closing adjustments
· Documentation management, filing and other administrative tasks
· Preparation of various tax compliance areas such as payroll, sales tax and commercial rent tax filings
· Preparation of budgets, cash flows and other supplementary analysis
· Self-starter and can work independently
· Highly organized and attentive to detail
· Ability to communicate by phone/email
· Problem solver
· QuickBooks Desktop
· QuickBooks Online
· Microsoft Word
· Microsoft Excel
· Microsoft Outlook
Additional Experience Requirements:
· Only candidates with QuickBooks certification and completion of training courses will be considered
· Experience in maintaining financial statements for a variety of clientele
· Must have reported to senior managers, or business owners
· Must have experience in training staff and overseeing tasks performed by others
· Understanding of basic tax concepts related to entity classifications and filings
· Hiring Process:
Test of accounting concepts and bookkeeping tasks will be presented and must be completed for consideration of position
Examples or request for written communication in connection with financial reporting will be requested / required
We believe in the value of relationships and believe that in order for our firm to succeed our employees must also succeed. We provide our employees with the opportunity to grow in a supportive environment. We provide a competitive compensation package and work with our employees to achieve work-life balance.
Join us and become a part of our family.
L.H. Frishkoff & Company LLP
Why Work Here?Our Firm is a certified public accounting firm specializing in accounting, audit, tax, bookkeeping, and advisory services to individuals and small to large businesses in a variety of industries. We service clients throughout the U.S. and abroad. We believe in the value of relationships and believe that in order for our firm to succeed our employees must also succeed. We provide our employees with the opportunity to grow in a supportive environment. We provide a competitive compensation package and work with our employees to achieve work-life balance. Join us and become a part of our family.
Great work environment. Team oriented. Work life balance, Competitive salary and performance bonus.
New York, NY