Assistant Store Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for assisting in the management and direction of retail store operations. Assists in coordinating activities witht he Company’s strategic objectives, assists in developing and executing promotional and merchandising programs, and ensures that sales and profit goals are met. Performs administrative functions including tracking, ordering, and managing inventory, ensuring store security, and maintaining optimal displays of merchandise. Ensures that personnel are efficient, effective, and thoroughly trained, and that customer service is professional, courteous, and timely. Keeps the Retail Sales Manager well informed of activities and significant problems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for assisting in the planning, development, and implementation of effective sales and marketing programs for the retail store.
- Assists manager in strategic planning for retail operations. Ensures that plans complement and support established Company-wide goals.
- Assists in implementing sales promotions, operational plans, policies, and goals which further strategic objectives and ensure maximum sales and profitability.
- Assists in analyzing the economic environment, business climate, and retail store operations. Projects store trends, and forecasts both long and short term profit and volume growth, sales by unit, expenses, and capital expenditures.
- Assists in establishing and implementing of programs to meet merchandising, new account, and productivity goals.
2. Assumes responsibility for effectively implementing merchandise promotions and sales strategies.
- Handles, displays, and promotes lines of merchandise in accordance with specific requirements of manufacturer.
- Assigns pricing policies on merchandise according to profitability margins and specifications of the Sales/Marketing Manager.
- Coordinates sales promotions. Ensures the effectiveness of merchandise displays, presentations, and marketing materials.
d. Maximizes sales through directing the effective flow of floorspace and layout of adjacent merchandise.
e. Conducts frequent inspections of sales activities and walk-throughs of retail space to ensure the maintenance of established sales standards. Maintains the integrity of all pricing and marketing programs.
f. Establishes effective communication with sales personnel to ensure that they are appropriately informed of merchandising polices and programs.
g. Coordinates with management and with other retail sales areas to ensure consistency in promotional activities.
h. Keeps informed regarding the store’s competitive position and competitors’ sales strategies.
3. Assumes responsibility for effectively performing retail store administrative duties as assigned by the store manager..
- Maintains operational records, including daily transaction documents, sales and revenue reports, expense reports, loss summaries, and accounting documents.
- Assists in maintaining optimal merchandise levels. Tracks inventory, and prepares and submits requisitions to replenish merchandise.
- Ensures that inventory is handled, stored, and processed to minimize loss or damage.
- Participates in budgeting and auditing store operational expenses. Implements cost controls as assigned.
- Ensures that their retail departnent ahs the necessary equipment, supplies and merchandising materials.
- Ensures the coordination of store maintenance procedures both inside and outside of the facility.
- Ensures compliance with established operational policies and procedures.
- Keeps Senior Management informed of activities and progress toward established objectives.
4. Assumes responsibility for ensuring store security.
- Monitors and updates store security systems including cameras, alarms, and merchandise tags.
- Ensures the security of the physical facility. Assists in opening and closing procedures, and tracks store access, keys, security codes, and employee identification badges.
- Ensures the appropriate control of cash, credit cards, and financial information.
- Implements inventory control procedures to protect merchandise and prevent theft.
- Maintains the confidentiality and security of sales records and operational reports.
- Ensures compliance with established security policies and procedures.
5. Effectively assists in supervising sales personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership to sales personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
- Ensures that personnel are well-trained, effective, and optimally used. Assists in conducting meetings to disseminate product information and promotional strategies.
- Schedules sales personnel and ensures optimal coverage of retail areas. Ensures that requirements for breaks and hours worked are met.
- Assists in implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Actively recruits highly motivated sales personnel.
6. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining good business relations with customers and professional contacts.
- Handles customer complaints and problems effectively. Ensures prompt and satisfactory resolutions.
- Ensures that customers’ questions are answered and that product information is provided in a courteous and timely manner.
- Ensures that customer service and sales functions are professional, polite, and timely.
- Follows through on requests for services or products. Ensures that customers are well informed of order status.
- Ensures that the Company’s quality reputation is maintained.
7. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Assists in ensuring safety in work areas.
b. Ensures that retail, storage, and work areas and vehicles are clean, secure, and well maintained.
1. Retail sales and profit goals are met or exceeded. Expenses are controlled and well-managed.
- Merchandising plans and sales programs are appropriate and effective. Sales objectives are executed in accordance with approved policies.
- Store security is well monitored and maintained.
- Professional business relationships exist with customers and their needs are properly anticipated and satisfied.
- Effective and efficient assistance is provided to the Retail Sales Manager.
- Sales personnel are well-trained, efficient, and effective.
- The Retail Store Manager is appropriately informed of activities and significant problems. Useful feedback regarding store operations and competitive conditions is provided.
- Required sales, inventory, and accounting records and reports are accurate and timely.
Education/Certification: High school graduate. Some business training preferred.
Required Knowledge: Familiarity with retail sales, merchandising programs and procedures, and the competitive
Knowledge of the industry.
Experience Required: Three years of experience in a related retail sales position.
Skills/Abilities: Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
Excellent sales abilities.
Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
Excellent supervisory and leadership abilities.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas
accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or
Physical Strength: Exerts up to 40 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently.
Frequent local travel.
Ability to work flexible days and shifts.
Should be willing to relocate to assume responsibilities for Store Manager position openings.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Reasoning Ability: Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization.
Able to interpret various instructions.
Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percents, and
to draw and interpret graphs.
Language Ability: Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals.
Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and
Ability to communicate effectively.
L D Management Co
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?