We are looking for a Forensic Accountant to audit our financial records for discrepancies and inaccuracies.
Responsibilities include performing forensic research on, and analysis of, our company’s financial data to identify potential fraud and/or business revenue loss. Combined keen investigative skills and knowledge of accounting procedures. You should also be able to organize financial evidence into detailed reports that will be helpful to executives or attorneys.
- Review financial documents to identify inaccuracies
- Analyze financial data and trace discrepancies
- Report on revenue losses and damages
- Perform financial record audits to ensure compliance with the law
- Ensure all accounting procedures follow legislation
- Proven work experience as a Forensic Accountant, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or relevant role
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with accounting and financial procedures
- Understanding of forensic auditing procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software and spreadsheets
- Strong investigative and analytical skills
- The ability to handle confidential information
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, preferably with a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)