Technology Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
SUMMARY: The Technology Support Specialist is a versatile member of the IT team supporting all aspects of the user PC environment based at the L&M office in Raleigh, NC. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong customer service skills and an ability to partner with the business to provide an exceptional IT service experience. The role will require strong technical and analytical skills while responding to user inquiries and troubleshooting complex systems. Communication skills are critical while acting as a liaison with IT colleagues and support vendors to resolve issues quickly and ensure continuous improvement of systems. The position will include minimal off hour production support and periodic application maintenance/update duties.
- Responsible for solving or facilitating the resolution of all inbound helpdesk inquiries including but not limited to business applications, PC’s including operating system (Win10+11), audio/video conferencing, Office365 Suite, level 1 network and connectivity and user administration for all L&M Family of Companies staff located both locally and at remote sites.
- Provide VOIP phone support, configuration, and management.
- Continually work to ensure and users can effectively use the technology provided to them via the creation of end user guides, in person/virtual training sessions, and ad-hoc knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to speed ticket resolution with a focus on adding value wherever possible.
- Provide level 1 user support for Microsoft Dynamics AX (DAX) ERP
- Provide user support for various cloud-based business applications
- Assist with the design and testing of Microsoft and other 3rd party software enhancements
- Troubleshoot system issues and document IT incidents with various software support providers
- As this is a user facing position, the expectation is the employee will work at L&M’s home office in Raleigh, NC, on a daily basis, during core business hours with limited opportunity for working remotely.
- Infrequent travel may be required
- Experience providing IT helpdesk support
- Strong Microsoft technology skills including Windows 10/11, Office 365 suite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to innovate and use available resources
- Ability to work independently within a small IT Team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively and cooperative with others
- An ability to coach end users in becoming more self-sufficient with technology
- Able to communicate effectively through oral and written means and both in person and “virtual”
- Must be able to prioritize appropriately and excel in a multi-tasking environment
- Able to work with end users of varying skill levels
- Will consistently exhibit the core values of L&M: Respect, Passion, Leadership and Excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- At least one year of experience supporting users running Windows based PC’s running Office 365 in both office and remote environments
- CompTIA A+, HDI CSR, ITIL Foundation, Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate are a plus
- Basic experience with LAN/WAN hardware and troubleshooting connectivity
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are a representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of equipment to a height of 3-4 feet and load to server closet. Frequently positions self to maintain computers in the office, including under the desks and in the server closet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with end users who have questions about equipment, applications, or systems. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, touch, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
L & M Companies Inc
Get fresh Assistive Technology Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.