The Maintenance Mechanic/Electrical will provide a high level of service to ensure employee, customer, team member, and vendor satisfaction. The Maintenance Mechanic/Electrical does this by assisting in the performance of duties related to the maintenance, repair, electrical and general upkeep of Stickley Facilities. The Maintenance Mechanic/Electrical does these functions in the support of Stickley business operations including all manufacturing and distribution.
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining strong mechanical background in an industrial setting.
- Strong computer background and understanding CNC machinery
- Understanding of PLC controls
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining electrical background, involving machine electrical wiring (control boxes and main electrical wiring to the machine), and ability to read basic electrical diagrams
- Works effectively with hydraulic equipment including maintenance and general upkeep.
- Conducts soldering, welding, and works with pneumatics.
- Responsible for working at heights of varying degrees throughout the facility.
- Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used and transfers equipment from one to another area
- Assists with general repairs such as bearing replacement, fixing tools, replacing machine parts, replacing hardware, and placing/installing new machines.
- Effectively works with and communicates with co-workers, management, and vendors.
- Responsible for properly lifting and moving machines in an industrial setting.
- Willingness to learn and attend classes/seminars.
Essential Knowledge, Skills:
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, counting, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measure, utilize measuring tools such as tape measures and other measuring devices to sufficiently handle job tasks
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (Other preferences will be given for special language skills when there is a business need)
- Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals and the role of every employee in achieving each of them
- Ability to operate facility equipment as required in assigned area (including but not limited to LRT, telephone, cutting equipment, sanding equipment, presses, hand tools, painting and staining equipment, computers, copiers, fax machines, forklifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc.)
- Satisfactorily complete all Stickley training requirements (including but not limited to departmental training, annual Hazardous Material and environmental training, Forklift
- Certification/, Grade Training (lumber) etc.)
- Ability to interpret company documents and literature and UPC information
- Responsible for reporting to work at scheduled times and communicating tardiness and absences with the assigned Supervisor/Manager prior to the occurrence
- Responsible for reporting to work in a condition to work
- Responsible for being well-groomed and dressed in a business-and position-appropriate attire at all times
- Comply with performance criteria, standards of conduct as contained in company policy, employment procedures and responsibilities as described in the core handbook
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times and immediately report and take appropriate action to correct a safety concern
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Requires morning, afternoon and overnight availability any day of the week
- Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advance notification and approval by Supervisor/Manager
- Salaried: Generally scheduled for 50 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the business
Job Posted by ApplicantPro