Job Title: Senior Simulation & HIL Engineer – ADAS/AD
Location: Irvine, California 92618
Job Type : Full time
2019-12642- Senior Simulation & HIL Engineer – ADAS/AD Irvine, California 92618
Below is the job Description:
• Develop Custom built driving & crash situation scenarios and road networks with configurable behavior boundaries, in order to analyze the system performance with respect to Euro NCAP and Autonomous Level 3 related functions
• Build a scenario library, growing the library over time with new scenarios.
• Improve Virtual World / Environment model to reflect real world characteristics from the perspective of Sensing, Visibility, Vehicle Dynamics and Occupant Safety.
• Leverage these scenarios for simulation randomization
• Experiment with Sensor Models to define & optimize Sensor requirements (FOV, Range, Refresh Rate, etc) as well as their placement on vehicles
• Leverage Simulation to generate functional requirements for Active Safety and Autonomous Driving programs
• Collaborate with Karma internal engineers to bring these requirements into functional implementation at Tier 1 Supplier Level
• Ensure a seamless integration of the simulation engine with Karma’s existing investments in Virtual Development & Virtual Validation Platforms
• Relevant experience working on developing algorithms, infrastructure for testing, validation and evaluation for the autonomous driving and active safety areas
• High level knowledge of Autonomous Full Stack components would be advantageous (e.g. perception, sensor fusion, motion planning, occupant safety)
• Proven experience with C/C++, Python, Matlab/Simulink.
• Practical knowledge of CAN, Ethernet and LIN, & Experience using Vector tools such as “CAN-case” & SW packages such as CANoe and CANalyzer.
• Experience with software in the loop testing (SiL) & hardware in the loop testing (HiL) environment is desirable, but can be learned on the job.
Any specific industry experience:
Automotive, Active Safety / ADAS / Autonomous
B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent field.