Retail Merchandiser (Reston, VA)
- Expired: December 13, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
L&R is the largest distributor and the 6th largest purchaser of cosmetics in the United States. We now distribute over 40,000 items (cosmetics, toys, school supplies, hosiery, hair accessories, OTC, HBA, and more) through 3 regional warehouse locations in Arkansas, New Jersey, and Nevada.
We are looking for exciting Part-Time and or Full-Time Representatives to service retail stores such as but not limited to Albertson, Safeway, and Kroger in various locations within the West, Central, and East Coast Regions.
Retail Merchandiser - Ordering & Merchandising
Store Locations: Reston, VA | Herndon, VA | Chantilly, VA | Ashburn, VA | Sterling, VA | Great Falls, VA
Payrate: Up to $14.00
- Employee recognition program
- Paid drive time
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible morning shift scheduling; Monday-Friday. Make this role fit your life schedule!
- Paid on the job and online and in person training
- Get paid weekly with the option of direct deposit
- Employee referral bonus program
Retail Merchandiser Essential Job Functions:
- Service store routes according to the assigned call frequencies, working closely with the L&R District Manager (DM)
- Place orders for required inventory according to store ordering guidelines, utilizing a company-supplied tablet and scanner leveraging Repsly software
- Follow a specific store visit process inclusive of merchandising delivery from the previous order, filling out task forms, taking pictures, ordering to maintain stock levels, and other special projects as requested
- Maintain knowledge of current sales, promotions, and policies regarding invoicing, exchanges, and returns.
- Familiarity with planograms and footage by department, while balancing sales and inventory control
Other Retail Merchandiser Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain efficient communication with Store Associates upon each store visit
- Verify merchandise shipments upon receipt and checked in by authorized store personnel
- Provide consistent professional communication with Store Management and Store Associates
- Clean and organize display cases and shelves
- Conduct store surveys and audits per request, including but not limited to, taking photographs of assigned departments to solve store issues
- Ability to conduct physical work, frequently lifting 15 to 40lbs.
- Opportunity to service additional stores upon business needs and necessity
Retail Merchandiser Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D; previous merchandising or retail experience a plus
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Your own personal vehicle since you'll be driving to and from stores
- Proof of Car Insurance
- Motor vehicle history with 3 or fewer moving violations within the last 36 months (3 years)
- Computer or smartphone with internet connection
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
At L&R Distributors, we do not seek salary history information from applicantsShare Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address* Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileAre you able to travel to the cities provided in the job description?* -- No answer --YesNo Do you have experience stocking shelves?* -- No answer --YesNo Do you have customer experience? If so, please explain your previous experience.* Do you have a valid driver's license?* -- No answer --YesNo Do you have your own car insurance or listed as a driver under a family member or spouse?* -- No answer --YesNo Are you knowledgeable on planograms, displays, resets, and product merchandising?* What is the earliest date you can start work with L&R?* Are you flexible to work occasional weekends to accommodate store needs?* When are you able to service the stores? Please keep in mind that stores have to be service during the morning shift.* Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Weekends -If you're unable to service the store during the week Where you referred for this position by an L&R Employee? Yes No The following questions are entirely optional. To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more. GenderDecline to answerFemaleMale Race/EthnicityDecline to answerHispanic or LatinoWhite, not Hispanic or LatinoBlack or African-American, not Hispanic or LatinoAsian, not Hispanic or LatinoNative Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, not Hispanic or LatinoAmerican Indian or Alaskan Native, not Hispanic or LatinoTwo or More Races, not Hispanic or Latino Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
- A "disabled veteran" is one of the following:
- a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
- a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
- A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
- An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
- An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
I AM NOT A PROTECTED VETERAN
I DON'T WISH TO ANSWER Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 5/31/2023 Why are you being asked to complete this form?
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.How do you know if you have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition. Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn's Disease, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches, Parkinson's disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.You must enter your name and date Your Name Today's Date I consent to be contacted over SMS/Text for this job. Submit Application
L R Distributors
Get fresh Merchandise Distributor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.