Retail Merchandiser (Bakersfield, CA)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
L&R is the largest distributor and the 6th largest purchaser of cosmetics in the United States. We now distribute over 40,000 items (cosmetics, toys, school supplies, hosiery, hair accessories, OTC, HBA, and more) through 3 regional warehouse locations in Arkansas, New Jersey, and Nevada.
We are looking for exciting Part-Time and or Full-Time Representatives to service retail stores such as but not limited to Albertson, Safeway, and Kroger in various locations within the West, Central, and East Coast Regions.
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
Retail Merchandiser – Ordering & Merchandising
Store Locations: Bakersfield, CA
- Employee recognition program
- Paid drive time
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling (Monday-Friday), make this role fit in your life schedule!
- Paid on the job and online and in person training
- Get paid weekly with the option of direct deposit
- Employee referral bonus program
Retail Merchandiser Essential Job Functions:
- Service store routes according to the assigned call frequencies, working closely with the L&R District Manager (DM)
- Place orders for required inventory according to store ordering guidelines, utilizing a company-supplied tablet and scanner leveraging Repsly software
- Follow a specific store visit process inclusive of merchandising delivery from the previous order, filling out task forms, taking pictures, ordering to maintain stock levels, and other special projects as requested
- Maintain knowledge of current sales, promotions, and policies regarding invoicing, exchanges, and returns.
- Familiarity with planograms and footage by department, while balancing sales and inventory control
Other Retail Merchandiser Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain efficient communication with Store Associates upon each store visit
- Verify merchandise shipments upon receipt and checked in by authorized store personnel
- Provide consistent professional communication with Store Management and Store Associates
- Clean and organize display cases and shelves
- Conduct store surveys and audits per request, including but not limited to, taking photographs of assigned departments to solve store issues
- Ability to conduct physical work, frequently lifting 15 to 40lbs.
- Opportunity to service additional stores upon business needs and necessity
Retail Merchandiser Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D; previous merchandising or retail experience a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Your own personal vehicle since you’ll be driving to and from stores
- Proof of Car Insurance
- Motor vehicle history with 3 or fewer moving violations within the last 36 months (3 years)
- Computer or smartphone with internet connection
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
At L&R Distributors, we do not seek salary history information from applicants
L&R DistributorsWhy Work Here?
We have great core values and a family environment that is ignited with passion. Amazing career growth path available with great benefits!
L&R Distributors was founded close to 60 years ago as a general merchandise and specialty distributor. L&R now manages over 37,000 general merchandise and health, beauty and wellness, and cosmetics SKUs. Categories include toys, stationery, hosiery, cosmetics, appliances, candles, potpourri, auto, hair accessories and much, much more. L&R’s cosmetics distribution is now the largest of its kind within the United States, distributing over 7,000 items from Almay, Revlon, Loreal, Cover Girl, Maybelline, Wet/Wild, Neutrogena, Jordana, Sally Hansen, Fingrs, Kiss, Lacross, Paris Presents, Physicians Formula, Black Radiance and Milani.
8200 Stockdale HwyBakersfield, CA
RetailView all jobs at L&R Distributors