Senior Backend Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a problem solver?
Do you look at existing solutions and immediately feel drawn to modernize and experiment?
Are you excited to build software that transforms relationships and businesses?
Is learning and taking action on that knowledge familiar to you?
If so, you might be our next team member.
We’re looking for a Full Stack developer to help us on our quest. To us, that means someone who is eager to jump in on a project and figuring out solutions on the front or back end.
- Collaborates with the Development team, customers, and other business stakeholders to build compelling software products
- Develops applications within a containerized, cloud environment
- Maintains working knowledge of latest changes in software development, data, and automation and applies those learnings to solve business problems
- Traces root cause and troubleshoots until fixed when outages occur
- Helps translate business requirements into technical features and functionality which support customers’ expectations and business needs
- Ensures that application enhancements contain functions and content that is easily measurable using available analytics tools
- Ensures compelling user experiences are backed by well developed, standards-compliant front and back end code
- Collaborates with Enterprise Information Technology (IT) departments to validate solution approaches with IT requirements, presenting project technical designs and specifications for review.
- Creates training and process materials for new and existing systems as needed and assists peers with learning new systems
- Pairs with other programmers to implement features, resolve bugs, and describe acceptance criteria
Backend: Java, Kotlin, or similar server side programming languages
Frameworks: Spring Boot, Okta, GCP
Nice to Have:
- Involvement in DevOps and containerized cloud environments:
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Development experience with consuming/creating web services in REST or SOAP
- Familiarity with development in HTML5 and CSS3
- Exposure with the software design/architecture process
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Treats Test Driven Development (TDD) as a priority
- Contributes documentation to code repositories as features are created/modified
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently or within a team environment
- Comfortable using a debugger to troubleshoot and resolve bugs
- Willing and able to take on new responsibilities with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Carefully listens to understand business problems from customers and provides solutions to meet those needs
- Assists in maintaining and refactoring code to address technical debt
- Understands of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Every day our team looks for ways to improve ourselves, and this role exemplifies that. That means applying creative thinking to business problems with the potential to immerse directly in our community of customers, and employees.
This role will partner with the development team in order to drive engagement & automation across the customer journey using technologies like React Native and Dialogflow. As part of that you’ll have opportunities to build integrations, experiment with various ML models leveraging our data, and overall digitize how we serve customers.
Why join the team?
- The opportunity to transform the organization. Our specialty is at the intersection of emerging technology and how it can benefit people and process.
- You’ll build software that exemplifies modern development practices.
- Aligned with high level goals, you’re able to prioritize your own tasks and collaborate with others as needed to succeed. We believe that agency enables the best results.
- Adapting to solve new problems sounds exciting to you. We’ll be tackling work that doesn’t have defined precedents -- we pivot quickly and find ways to encourage sustained adoption and growth.
- Continuous learning is the norm here.
What do we need from you?
- A love for software development and to understand the business benefits it unlocks.
- Willingness to dive in and understand enterprise systems so that we can effectively integrate the new digital products we build.
- Fluency with the software development life cycle and software engineering concepts.
- Resilience. We’re working to change hearts and minds, not every conversation will create an immediate positive.
- outcome, we’re in it for the long haul.
- An obsession with learning. This person will need to gain context of our current environment and afterward be constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Interest in understanding business problems and finding creative ways to solve them.
- Active listening. When our business stakeholders share feedback it’s critical they feel heard and understood.
- Respect for keeping things lively. That means at times we’ll need to do maintenance on tools that have already been built, or come back to our earlier work to make improvements.
Leading Candidates Will Have . . .
- A portfolio of software they’ve developed and can share.
- Demonstrated fluency in the software development lifecycle and software engineering concepts.
- The ability to communicate complex engineering problems to a non-technical audience.
- Long term goals in mind, and an understanding that there will be lows and highs on our way to achieving them.
Skills That’ll Give You an Edge
- Continuous Development (umbrella for continuous integration, delivery, testing & deployment).
- Experience using artificial intelligence to automate data capture, act in an event-based architecture, and transform data.
- Agile Scrum using JIRA.
- Static Code Analysis.
- Experience building integrations using REST, SOAP etc.
We work on projects that are large enterprise software all the way down to a local tech startup. We love building software and are obsessed with creating great, useful tools that help solve client challenges. We basically bring ideas into reality through software.
Talking about yourself is never fun... so we encourage you to apply to our company, talk with the team and hopefully you want to join
280 ann street grand rapids 49504Grand Rapids, MI
Get fresh Backend Software Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.