Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Routinely performs and participates in ongoing experiments in vector design and construction, stable cell line generation, recombinant protein and antibody production and analytical characterization with limited supervision.
- Generates and independently analyzes routing and complex data produced from a variety of laboratory techniques and analytic instrumentation using appropriate computer technology and applications.
- Molecular Biology: PCR, RT-PCR, RACE-PCR, primer design, ligation, transformation, Sanger sequence analysis, RNA and DNA isolation. Proficient with DNA software (Lasergene or similar).
- Protein production: Experienced in protein production from bacteria and mammalian cells, e.g. FreeStyle293. Experience with insect cell systems a plus. Experienced with transfection, e.g. lipofection, electroporation and nucleofection.
- Cellular biology: Skilled in culture of cell lines and stable cell line generation. Preferred to have experience with primary cells or human PBMCs. Proficient with basic flow cytometry and FlowJo analysis software. Experience with reporter cell assays or primary cell functional assays a plus.
- Analytical methods: Skilled at western blot and ELISA methods. Experience with biomolecular interactions analysis tools such as Octet a plus.
- Software: Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint, molecular biology software (Lasergene or similar), FlowJo
- A basic understanding cell biology, immunology, and the relationship between antibody structure and function is a plus. The candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, well organized, able to multitask and work effectively as a team.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks at the same time to produce quality results in timely manner. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Develops new protocols and troubleshoots existing protocols with limited guidance from supervisor and/or other scientists.
Organizes and communicates results in timely manner. Prepares data summaries and presents them at team, project, and department meetings, accurately records experiments and data in laboratory notebooks, database.
Discusses findings with supervisor or team members to evaluate validity of findings and plan the next experiments in a timely manner.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Immunology, Molecular Biology, or related field.
Minimum 2 years lab experience post bachelor's degree.