Summer Managing Consultant, Healthcare & Life Sciences MBA Internship
- Posted: over a month ago
This posting is intended for first-year MBA candidates with anticipated graduation dates in 2024, seeking a full-time internship for summer 2023.
Kx Advisors provides strategic support to executives at leading Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Health IT companies.
Kx Advisors is seeking analytical, self-driven, and creative candidates who are energized by solving complex problems to join our Washington, DC team this coming summer as strategy consulting Summer Managing Consultants. Our work leverages fact-based insights, derived from our 360° research capabilities, rigorous data analysis, and internal expertise, to support an elite global client base in solving their most pressing strategic challenges.
Summer Managing Consultants are active participants in strategic consulting engagements at Kx Advisors. SMC's at Kx balance their day-to-day responsibilities between project and team management, project delivery, and client relationship management. As a critical part of our small project teams, you will contribute directly and take a lead in solving problems and developing strategic insights, interact with and learn from firm leaders, and generate and present tangible results for our clients.
As a Summer Managing Consultant, you’ll:
- Work with engagement leaders to structure and define an effective approach to address clients’ key business questions
- Develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses
- Conduct client interviews, data discovery, and research, including external primary and secondary research
- Analyze and contextualize internal client data and external research to develop powerful insights and actionable recommendations
- Write client-ready deliverables and deliver powerful, effective presentations to clients
This position offers a unique entrepreneurial opportunity within the context of an established consulting firm. Kx's structure affords accelerated exposure to critical experiences and develops key professional skills at a faster pace, allowing those who join Kx for permanent roles to find a faster progression towards Partner than peers at other firms.
- Current enrollment in a top-ranked MBA program required, in addition to a B.S. or B.A. degree from a top college or university
- 3-5 years of pre-MBA work experience that demonstrates mastery of core consulting competencies
- Primary & secondary research and analysis experience, with demonstrated ability to synthesize data and draw accurate, logical conclusions
- Experience utilizing exceptional verbal communication skills and professional presence in client-facing situations, including client relationship management, executive presentation, and/or business proposal development
- Experience managing small teams of junior staff and leading significant aspects of project-based work with limited oversight
- Foreign language skills preferred, but not required
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?