Principal, Life Sciences Consulting
Kx Advisors Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
Kx Advisors is seeking to expand its ranks with an ambitious and motivated Principal. Kx Advisors provides strategic support to executives at leading Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Health IT companies. Our work leverages primary research, data analysis, and knowledge/learnings from previous engagements to support critical commercial decisions for Global 500 corporations in the healthcare sector through portfolio strategy, market and opportunity assessment, commercial due diligence, go to market strategies, competitive strategy, and product commercialization.
With a strong focus on strategy, we offer development opportunities, a high degree of senior leadership engagement, and minimal travel.
The primary role of a Principal is to handle the day-to-day management of engagements from start to finish, including team oversight and preparation of documents for client presentations. Principals balance their day-to-day responsibilities between project management, project delivery, and business development and are ultimately responsible for the quality of our work. Principals are expected to engage in practice planning discussions, including practice strategy and marketing discussion. Principals support business development and are expected to develop relationships with new and existing clients, develop proposals, and work with the support of leadership to build independent business development experience.
As a Principal, you’ll:
- Be responsible for balancing project management, project delivery, and business development responsibilities
- Serve as a strategy and thought partner to clients and senior officers of the firm
- Analyze research and client-provided information to develop conclusions and recommendations
- Write client-ready presentations and delivering powerful, effective business presentations
- Develop and bring thought leadership to bear for business development purposes with existing and new clients
- Work with senior officers of the firm to scope and develop proposals for new projects
- Engage in practice planning discussions, including practice strategy and marketing discussions
- 5-7 years of consulting experience at a top healthcare consulting firm
- Required: BA/BS from a top four-year university or college
- Preferred: MBA or Master’s Degree in a related discipline
- Business research and analysis experience, with demonstrated ability to synthesize data and draw accurate, logical conclusions
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading multiple workstreams and project teams
- Foreign language skills preferred, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent people management skills
Powered by JazzHR