- Long Term Care Exp. 2 years
- Healthcare: 2 year
Required license or certification:
Salary: $21.00 to $25.00 /hour
Job Type: FULL-TIME 11:00PM - 7:30AM Every other Weekend and Rotating Holidays.
- Wilmington, DE
Job Summary: The LPN is responsible for managing the resident-directed health plan, supervising the CNA's and the day-to-day resident clinical needs during assigned shift. The LPN reports to the Supervisor/Director of Nursing.
- Maintain current Delaware nursing license.
- Valid CPR, First Aid and AED certification.
- Strong leadership skills
- Reliable transportation
- Basic office computer knowledge
- Communicate Resident Service Agreement needs with caregiver staff
- Delegate and supervise direct care tasks with nursing assistants
- Collaborate with nursing assistants and other members of the care team to ensure highest level of independence for residents
- Actively participate in nursing meetings, staff in-services and any suggested training as required
- Assist facility administration in supporting policy and procedure among fellow staff members, residents and guests
- Build and maintain good working relationships between all departments to ensure quality of care for residents
- Documentation within the resident clinical records in accordance with facility procedures
- Create progress note entries to act as part of resident's medical record to document care and treatment provided
- Complete medication and treatment passes in accordance with state regulation and facility policies
- Communicate resident / family needs with Resident Service Director, Medical Director and/or Administrator through written reports
- Meet with residents / families as needed to address questions or concerns
- Consult with physician for changes in resident condition and regarding matters of treatment, therapy and medications
- Performing environmental rounds on assigned shift
- Foster an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the building
- Complete charting, reports, medical forms and other documentation as required
- Complete incident reports as needed and perform initial investigation as needed
- Other duties as assigned