KushCo Holdings is a publicly traded company that has successfully positioned themselves as a “one stop shop” for the cannabis market through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
Our brands include Kush Supply Co., a dynamic sales and distribution platform that has become the nation’s largest and most respected distributor of vaporizer products, packaging, supplies, and accessories. Kush Energy, a provider of ultra-pure hydrocarbon gases and solvents to the cannabis sector. The Hybrid Creative, a premier creative design agency for cannabis and non-cannabis brands and Koleto Innovations, our research and development arm driving intellectual property development and acquisitions.
About the Role
This individual will be responsible for onboarding suppliers and executing sourcing projects for both inventory needs as well as branded products.
What you will do (Essential Functions)
- Responsible for onboarding of new suppliers
- Gather item requirements from either Procurement, Sales, or Product/CBD in order to source the given product
- Serve as a liaison/communicator between Sales, Product/CBD and Purchasing departments with the assigned supplier for any sourcing project needs
- Prepare and follow reasonable timelines for all projects and provide weekly updates on all outstanding projects
- Negotiate costs with factories on items assigned
- Serve as lead contact between sources/factories on all assigned projects and ensure factories keep to their agreed upon SLA’s
- Ability to manage large, complex projects and break them down and execute into manageable pieces, develop functional processes, and deliver them in a successful and timely manner
- Keep comprehensive calendar of project deadlines and proactively ensure deadlines are not missed
- Follow up with factories to gather new mold samples for approval as well as samples for CR testing if applicable
- Special projects as required
Who you are (Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate well with all levels of the organization
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in global supply chain sourcing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptable / Flexible - being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstance
- Organizational skills, with ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MS-Project skills
- This position requires frequent sitting, standing, reaching, walking, and operating a computer workstation
- Must have finger dexterity, ability to use keyboard/ten key
- This position may rarely require kneeling, bending, squatting
- Ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Reach, stoop and lift office files, records or reports, typically weighing 20 pounds or less
Receives direction from:
Director of Sourcing - Americas/Europe
Providing direction to:
Suppliers, Sourcing, Purchasing, Sales and Product/CBD
Up to 50%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KushCo and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Reasonable accommodations will be considered which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this job.