KushCo Holdings is a publicly traded company that has successfully positioned themselves as a "one stop shop" for the cannabis market through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
Our brands include Kush Supply Co., a dynamic sales and distribution platform that has become the nation's largest and most respected distributor of vaporizer products, packaging, supplies, and accessories. Kush Energy, a provider of ultra-pure hydrocarbon gases and solvents to the cannabis sector. The Hybrid Creative, a premier creative design agency for cannabis and non-cannabis brands and Koleto Innovations, our research and development arm driving intellectual property development and acquisitions.
About the Role
The Director of Quality will oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Vendor Performance for the organization. The role will lead the establishment, development and sustainment of a culture that embraces end to end quality and compliance for Kush operations and products.
This role is the owner of the Departmental Budget and is responsible for development, approval and oversight throughout the year. Work with regional leadership to implement short and long-term solutions that deliver significant cost advantages while maintaining performance excellence.
What you will do (Essential Functions)
- Project and time management: Plan tasks and deliverables accurately, prioritize tasks and adapt as needed based upon changing priorities. Responsive to requests, accountable for actions
- Problem-solving: Prevent and solve issues, understand and mitigate problems, recognize cause and effect relationships between functions
- Cross-functional collaboration and communication to quickly understand and resolve issues
- Developing staff (increasing competence and engagement)
- Customer focus: Understand and monitor the needs of internal and external customers
- Ensures that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented, and maintained
- Reports to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies, procedures, and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and design for sustainable quality
- Reports to management team on significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation
- Develops appropriate Quality Management System procedures and documents throughout the organization and implements training to appropriate personnel
- Develops and analyzes statistical data, product specifications, material tolerances as well as customer feedback to determine present standards and establish proposed quality standards of finished product
- Create and maintain dashboarding of quality metrics for corporate transparency and executive review
- Communicates and supports quality control philosophy and methods to key personnel in organization
- Develop, implement and monitor a vendor social compliance program
- Create and maintain dashboarding of compliance metrics for corporate transparency and executive review
- Coordinates quality objectives with production internal processes in cooperation with other managers to maximize product output quality and maximize efficiency (minimize costs)
- Applies proven Total Quality Management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department
- Maintain Factory Quality performance, carryout risk analysis of vendors and formulate corrective action plans where required
- Works closely with VP of Strategic Procurement to resolve any incoming product quality concerns the with suppliers to insure quality of all purchased parts for company use
- Drive performance improvement through the use and interpretation of Continuous Improvement Tools. Address the root causes of issues, create corrective action plans and implement long term solutions.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required with internal and cross-functional teams
- Deploy Lean methods to simplify processes, eliminate waste/non-value adding activities and improve workflow: evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of processes, procedures, and daily workflow
- Develop, implement and maintain work instructions and process documentation
- Challenge the team to be Customer Centric, including developing strategies to enhance our customer service and our growth, focusing on deliveries that are on-time, in-full and defect-free to influence positive customer feedback results, responsiveness to internal and external customers
- Manage project activity and enhance operational performance efficiency: Automation, implement process improvement techniques and expansion/relocation
- Create ROI and cost benefit analysis for implementation of initiatives and expenditures to improve processes
- Identify, prioritize, plan and execute improvements in an organized, efficient and effective manner
Who you are (Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate well with all levels of the organization – English and Spanish/Chinese/Mandarin is a plus
- 10+ years of relevant international work experience in Quality department for Packaging/Cosmetics Industry
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different people & functions
- Confidence, presence, and credibility to command the respect of colleagues and senior stakeholders, especially within Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Services, Logistics, and Finance. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Adaptable / Flexible - being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean (Kaizens, Workouts, Process mapping), Quality Control, Vendor Management Inventory, improved productivity
- Knowledge of team value and how to successfully motivate and maintain employee involvement while driving change
- Organizational skills, with ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and MS-Project skills
- This position requires frequent sitting, standing, reaching, walking, and operating a computer workstation
- Must have finger dexterity, ability to use keyboard/ten key
- This position may rarely require kneeling, bending, squatting
- Ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Reach, stoop and lift office files, records or reports, typically weighing 20 pounds or less
Receives direction from
VP of Quality and Continuous Improvement
Provides direction to
Vendors, suppliers, all employees, temporary workers and general contractors
Up to 50%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KushCo and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Reasonable accommodations will be considered which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this job.