KushCo Holdings is a publicly traded company that has successfully positioned themselves as a “one stop shop” for the cannabis market through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
Our brands include Kush Supply Co., a dynamic sales and distribution platform that has become the nation’s largest and most respected distributor of vaporizer products, packaging, supplies, and accessories. Kush Energy, a provider of ultra-pure hydrocarbon gases and solvents to the cannabis sector. The Hybrid Creative, a premier creative design agency for cannabis and non-cannabis brands and Koleto Innovations, our research and development arm driving intellectual property development and acquisitions.
About the Role
KushCo Holdings, Inc. is seeking a Director of External Financial Reporting who will be directly responsible for managing the preparation of our SEC filings, will lead all stock-based compensation arrangements and administration of the company’s stock plan, and serve as the key liaison with our external audit firm.
What you will do (Essential Functions)
- Prepare the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/10-K and manage the internal and external review for these documents
- Prepare the quarterly earnings release
- Create and maintain the SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: audit/review schedules, press releases and 10-Q/10-K support schedules
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures and issues
- Lead the coordination with the external auditors of the annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Work closely with legal and human resources to coordinate and execute all stock administration activities and provide accounting for all stock-based compensation arrangements
- Create, implement and maintain comprehensive accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency
- Implement and maintain financial reporting processes and procedures to comply with COSO and SOX 404
- Support the month-end closing process through preparation of journal entries and technically challenging, complex accounting transactions
- Complete ad hoc special projects as needed
Who you are (Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with at least 3-5 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, with heavy exposure to PCAOB auditing standards and SEC reporting
- At least 7-10 years of relevant professional experience
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations (including XBRL) is required, combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute and follow-through to produce complete, accurate and timely deliverables
- This position requires frequent sitting, standing, reaching, walking, and operating a computer workstation
- Must have finger dexterity, ability to use keyboard/ten key
- This position may rarely require kneeling, bending, squatting
- Ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Reach, stoop and lift office files, records or reports, typically weighing 20 pounds or less
Receives Direction From
Chief Financial Officer or Corporate Controller
Provides Direction to
No supervisory responsibilities
Up to 10%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KushCo and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Reasonable accommodations will be considered which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this job.