KushCo Holdings is a publicly traded company that has successfully positioned themselves as a “one stop shop” for the cannabis market through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
Our brands include Kush Supply Co., a dynamic sales and distribution platform that has become the nation’s largest and most respected distributor of vaporizer products, packaging, supplies, and accessories. Kush Energy, a provider of ultra-pure hydrocarbon gases and solvents to the cannabis sector. The Hybrid Creative, a premier creative design agency for cannabis and non-cannabis brands and Koleto Innovations, our research and development arm driving intellectual property development and acquisitions.
About the Role
The Director of Accounting is responsible for the day-to-day management and continuous operation of the accounting function. The primary focus will be on preparing and reviewing financial statements and creating formal processes and procedures that govern our accounting organization. This position will manage and develop accounting staff. The Director of Accounting will support internal (SOX) and SEC reporting.
What you will do (Essential Functions)
- Manages financial reporting process ensuring an accurate and timely close focused on process improvement
- Ensures that company financial records are maintained in compliance with US GAAP
- Manage quarterly review and annual audit activities with external audit firm
- Manages technical accounting issues
- Support SEC reporting requirements
- Develop and manage Accounting Policy
- Support internal controls (SOX)
- Develop and manage Accounting staff
- Ensure that various financial compliance activities are performed timely and accurately
Who you are (Qualifications)
- 10 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience and public company experience preferred
- Prior management experience developing and leading teams
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Experience with large ERP accounting system with preference to NetSuite
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Work, PowerPoint
- This role requires advanced accounting skills - conceptual and application skills
- Ability to adapt in high paced working environment
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills
- This position requires frequent sitting, standing, reaching, walking, and operating a computer workstation
- Must have finger dexterity, ability to use keyboard/ten key
- This position may rarely require kneeling, bending, squatting
- Ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Reach, stoop and lift office files, records or reports, typically weighing 20 pounds or less
Receives direction from
VP Corporate Controller
Provides direction to
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KushCo and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Reasonable accommodations will be considered which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this job.