Accounts Payable Specialist
KUSHCO HOLDINGS, INC. – ACCOUNTING & FINANCE
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
KushCo Holdings is a publicly traded company that has successfully positioned themselves as a “one stop shop” for the cannabis market through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
Our brands include Kush Supply Co., a dynamic sales and distribution platform that has become the nation’s largest and most respected distributor of vaporizer products, packaging, supplies, and accessories. Kush Energy, a provider of ultra-pure hydrocarbon gases and solvents to the cannabis sector. The Hybrid Creative, a premier creative design agency for cannabis and non-cannabis brands and Koleto Innovations, our research and development arm driving intellectual property development and acquisitions.
About the Role
KushCo Holdings is looking for a reliable and precise professional to help us properly maintain our payable information. The Accounts Payable Specialist will maintain current accounts and assist in invoicing functions. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can analyze expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements with vendors within a specific industry.
What you will do (Essential Functions)
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Sort and distribute incoming email related to AP
- Process 3-way P.O. matching invoices
- Process check requests
- Administer Travel Expense Reimbursement Platform "Concur" and reimburse on a timely manner
- Audit and process credit card charges
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- 1099 maintenance
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
Who you are
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business with specifically relevant work experience
- Experience with Concur or other online expense reporting systems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office environment (vlook up and pivot tables)
- Word, 10-key by touch
- Knowledge of NetSuite or similar ERP accounting software experience a plus
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- This position requires frequent sitting, standing, reaching, walking, and operating a computer workstation
- Must have finger dexterity, ability to use keyboard/ten key
- This position may rarely require kneeling, bending, squatting
- Ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Reach, stoop and lift office files, records or reports, typically weighing 20 pounds or less
Receives direction from
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Provides direction to
No supervisory responsibilities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KushCo and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Reasonable accommodations will be considered which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this job.