We are looking for one admin assistant (full-time) in our corporate office!
You must be good at excel to apply this position and bilingual in Japanese strongly preferred.
Shifts are flex, but we are looking for someone who can work on weekends as well as few days on weekdays.
Here is the JD for the position!
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Sr. Operation Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Department: Executive Management
Reports To: Sr. Operation Manager
The Executive Assistant to the Operation Manager is responsible for performing a variety of duties from general administrative tasks to coordinating confidential high-level meetings. The Executive Assistant to the Operation Manager is often is responsible for running reports, drafting correspondence, doing research and compiling data. S/he must be detail oriented and good with numbers.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves Operation Manager’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains Operation Manager’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- May be asked to represent the Operation Manager by attending meetings in the his absence.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects the Company’s operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides interpretation assistance from Japanese to English.
- Sources products or services for Operation Manager
- Runs errands as needed (i.e. to the bank, to the post office, etc.)
- Must be able to do light lifting, stooping, bending and climbing.
- Maintains good communication with executive management, store management, co-workers, vendors and outside contacts.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company/executive transactions or meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned by Operation Manager.
- When directed by Operation Manager, interacts with customers or vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Helps solve problems that affect the Operation Manager’s office efficiency, service and productivity.
- Provides excellent internal customer service and satisfaction when visible and readily accessible to our employees.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
· Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Friendly, out-going disposition.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
· Presents and compiles numerical data effectively;
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; supports Company’s goals and values.
· Adaptability - Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Displays willingness to make decisions. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 2-year college degree preferred but not required; 2- 4 years of executive or administrative assistant experience desired, in a retail or corporate establishment preferred. Experience in a similar or comparable work environment, strong work ethic supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success.
· Above average working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
Ability to effectively communicate with management in either Japanese or English. Ability to respond to questions regarding the Company’s business and menu. Ability to interact with all levels of management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Noise level is moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to focus on computer screen for extended periods of time.
Essential Weight Lifting/Force Exertion Requirements:
1/3 to 2/3 of time: Up to 50 pounds with a lifting aid
More than 2/3 of time: Up to 10 pounds
The above job description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Employee Signature Date