- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Kupono Government Services, LLC has an exciting opportunity for Systems Administrator. The position will be located at the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF), Kekaha, HI.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Systems Administrator provides Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Windows, and UNIX Operating System administration for all Clients and Servers connected to the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) classified and unclassified networks. Deploys Cyber Security mandated system upgrades, system patches, and system security lockdown requirements. Performs system wide troubleshooting and problem resolution in a live mission environment.
· Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration, expected to provide technical problem solving and in-depth consulting for problems involving system operations
· Automated installation methods and system imaging (e.g. SCCM, VMware)
· Usage of cryptographic log-on methods (e.g. PKI)
· DISA STIG implementation / System Hardening and working within Configuration-Managed Environments.
· Working as part of a team responsible for administration and management of servers, end-user workstations in both unclassified and classified network environments.
· Analysis, design, and implementation of modifications to the system software in order to improve system performance by correcting errors
· Participation in planning new hardware acquisitions, interacting with vendors, educating customers, and communicating and collaborating with other projects within the organization
· Will work closely with engineers to help them use workstations and servers to solve their computationally intensive problems
· Supporting individual user workstations and associated software support
· Support for application installation, licenses management, software tracking/distribution and backup/recovery of system configurations and user data files.
· Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
· Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
· Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
· Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
· Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, patching, and core services
· Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication
· Maintain up-to-date Configuration Control and adhere to all Configuration Management requirements for all Firmware, Software, and Hardware associated with the classified and unclassified PMRF networks
· Configuring static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation
· Setting kernel runtime parameters
· Prepare and submit status reports, and technical briefs, as required, to supervisor, senior management, and customers.
· Provide technical expertise at supervisor and management meetings, which may include necessary planning and scheduling of meetings.
· Participate in contract proposals, negotiations and modifications as required.
· Develop, revise, and update departmental internal procedure (DIPs), standard operating procedures (SOPs) for maintenance on associated systems and network assets.
· Produce and deliver reports on system utilization
· Using shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks
· Configuring system logging (including remote logging), Configure tools such as What’s Up gold, CACTI, Solar Winds, Intermapper
· Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, SSH and NTP Provide systems administration for all clients, servers, and peripherals connected to the classified and unclassified PMRF networks.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or in a related engineering or scientific field.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Five years’ experience in a related field of assignment with 2 years in the specific field of assignment.
· Two years of System specific experience can be substituted for 1 year of education.
· Knowledge of DoD IT systems, to include Windows, Linux, VMWare and comprehensive systems administration concepts.
· Linux (RHEL) Operating System experience is considered highly desired.
· HBSS Operating System experience highly desired
Preferred candidates will have IAT level II certification and be IAW DoD 8570 compliant to include preferred technical certifications (Security+ CE certification, RHCSA, RHCE, MCSA / E, LPIC1&2, VCP).
Citizenship/Security Clearance Requirements:
Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment, and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Kūpono Government Services is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Kūpono Government Services is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com
Kupono Government Services, LLC
Kupono Government Services LLC, is a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned business. A premier government services company, Kupono Government Services LLC offers a full spectrum of solutions that improve the performance and operational effectiveness of our government and Department of Defense customers. Our mission synchronized solutions are designed to deliver exactly what our customers need, when they need it. From base and range operations to biomedical defense support to telecommunications and IT services, we deliver the exact talent, tools and technologies needed to meet mission requirements.
AddressKauai Island, HI