Taleo Business Edition ~ Premium
Kūpono Government Services LLC is looking for a qualified Senior Systems Administrator to support our contract with US Army CCoE G6 IT Support.
Serve as an Information Assurance Technician (IAT) level II IAW DoD 8570.01-M or current regulation https://ia.signal.army.mil/docs/857001m.pdf).
- Serve as a virtualization administrator specializing in VMware virtualization technology or future virtualization technologies.
- Install, configure and manage virtualization environments.
- Install, configure and manage Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Install, configure and manage physical and virtual routers, switches, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), Power Distribution Units (PDUs), servers, etc.
- Performs a variety of tasks to include identifying servers to be virtualized, creating test environments, validation, converting servers, and maintaining virtual infrastructure.
- Continue to improve the virtual classroom course design to meet instructor and student needs.
- Analyzes systems requirements in response to customer requirements, risks, and costs by working directly with management and system administrators.
- Evaluates new systems information technologies and their effect on the environment. Ensures that cyber security and OPSEC policies, principles, and practices are an integral element of the operating environment. Integrates hardware and software components within the systems environment.
- Continually monitors and fine-tunes performance of the Information Systems.
- Conducts analyses of network usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors. Identifies adverse trends, ineffective practices or procedures, equipment shortcomings, etc.
- Apply Information Technology (IT) expertise, including feasibility studies, technical evaluation, justification, acquisition/procurement, installation, implementation, management, and administration of IT systems.
- Creates, updates and follows SOPs and other documentation (ex. Change and configuration management).
- Keep up-to-date on IT news regarding networks and security.
- Serve as Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)/ Information Assurance Manager (IAM).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of experience VMWare Virtualization administration experience including vSphere, VCenter, vMotion, Horizon View, McAfee MOVE and vRealize.
- Have a strong understanding of virtualization, Software Defined Networking, Software Defined Storage, local area networking, Telecom, VoIP, LANs, switching, servers, messaging, unified communications, etc.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience with system and database administration within the Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Have the ability to communicate with virtualization architects about the virtual environment.
- Have the ability to use infrastructure-monitoring technologies (ex. Splunk, SolarWinds, Nagios).
- Have and understanding of NIST SP 800 series, Army IT and IA Regulations (ex. 25-1 and 25-2), DoD Cyber Security Regulations, OWASP, FedRamp and Cloud Security Alliance framework.
- Have the ability to create system documentation such as Standard Operating procedures, etc.
- Have the understanding of datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based.
- Have the understanding of user experience best practices, information architecture, and interaction/visual design.
Baseline certification: Security+ CompTIA commercial certification (or higher, such as CISSP, etc.).
Computing Environment (CE): must be current platform (or higher) IAW Army guidance (i.e migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, Server 2007 to 2012, etc.).
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (70-410)
- Configuring Advanced Server 2012 Services (70-412)
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization 2019 or equivalent
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Tier 5/SSBI/Top Secret SCI
Kūpono Government Services is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Kūpono Government Services is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com