The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, and KāpiliServices. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
Kūpono Government Services is looking for a qualified Network Administrator to provide services in support of Headquarters Pacific Air Forces (HQ PACAF) and the 15th Wing (WG) mission on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (JBPHH).
Customer Purpose and Objectives:
· The overall purpose of the team’s support is: to manage various Air Force NIPR and SIPR network administration tasks including, but not limited to, cyber network vulnerability assessment and management, systems support, infrastructure support, application and operating system software support, system integration support, and administrative support.
· Provide Enterprise Level Network Administration support to conduct on-site Repair, O&M of Non-Secure IP Router Network (NIPRNet) and the Secure IP Router Network (SIPRNet) LAN, MAN, and WAN connections, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Voice over Secure Internet Protocol (VoSIP) systems.
· Provide qualified Information Technology (IT) technicians for Network Change Sponsor and Systems Administration Support of major communications systems encompassing the operational network within JBPHH.
· Provide qualified IT technicians to conduct Cyber Network Vulnerability Management of SIPRNet and NIPRNet file servers, print services, messaging services, and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) services.
· Provide qualified dedicated IT technicians to offer executive leadership immediate software support, repair, and O&M of communications equipment.
· Provide network vulnerability management, system scanning, network server support, troubleshooting, and repair for JBPHH communications systems encompassing the operational network.
· Provide scans of security threats and perform corrective action IAW DISA STIGs, TCNOs, and local security guidance.
· Monitor cyber event tasking in order to detect and mitigate malicious cyber events.
· Coordinate with CFP for resolution of non-advertised TCNOs.
Monitor and maintain SCCM server health. The Contractor shall ensure SCCM is operational and prepared for vulnerability patching.
· Maintain software exemption lists for automated patching.
· Utilize approved AIS to monitor, review, and generate applicable TCNO status listing and report to CFP weekly.
· Provide administrative production data and brief vulnerability status at weekly security briefings as required by the 747th CS leadership.
· Complete cyber network vulnerability management scans across the JBPHH NIPRNet/SIPRNet encompassing all network device Operating Systems (OS) utilizing approved AIS.
· Identify and implement required software patches to network OS in standard desktop and standard server configurations.
· Monitor vulnerabilities on NIPRNet/SIPRNet network systems using the scanning methods IAW local operating procedures.
· Centrally support server administration. The Contractor shall maintain information servers and software systems and conduct applications monitoring and maintenance.
· Conduct performance management checks on servers IAW Network Operating Instructions and Air Force Network (AFNET) directives.
· Perform daily server configuration checks. The Contractor shall identify and report exceeded data thresholds of share drive servers IAW local operating directives. The Contractor shall monitor, identify, and report any prohibited data stored on all 747th CS managed servers.
· Respond to support calls, e-mails, tickets and outages from CSAs, FSAs, Customers and the 747th CS CFP. The Contractor shall provide remote troubleshooting and repair of all 747th CS managed servers
· Support all 747th CS inspections (i.e. CCRIs).
· Provide support with the following applications (list is not all inclusive and is subject to change with technology advancements):
· Windows Workstation OS (Windows 8, 10, and any version thereafter).
· Windows Server OS (Versions 2008, 2012, and any version thereafter).
Applications BIND Domain Name System (DNS), Remedy, McAfee Antivirus, Adobe Acrobat, Intruder Alert, Enterprise Security Manager, NetIQ Security Manager, NetIQ Application Manager, NetIQ End-to-End, VERITAS, Microsoft (MS) Office Professional.
· Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS), Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), CiscoPrime Infrastructure (PI), SolarWinds Network Management Suite, and Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (TACACS).
· Databases-MS Structured Query Language (SQL) periodic inspections, quarterly reviews, monthly checks, bi-monthly reviews.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Active Directory
· Knowledge of Powshell Scripting
· Knowledge of Patching
At least two (2) years’ in network administration and a Security+ CE certification required.
· Must possess at minimum a Secret clearance, based on a T3 completed within the last 10 years (in-scope).
· Clearance must be fully adjudicated at the Secret level and will have an indication of “determined eligibility of Secret” in the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS). Personnel security clearances (PCLs) must be verifiable in JPAS prior to reporting to any assignment within the installation assigned, in order to meet contractual security requirements.
· Comply with the provisions of DoD 5220.22M, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual, Feb 2006 Incorporating Change 1, Mar 2013 and applicable security regulations
· Foreign Nationals will not perform on any area of the contract (classified or unclassified).
Kūpono Government Services is a fast growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Kūpono Government Services is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.