***Eligible applicants must be available between 3-8 pm during the week***
***This is a year-round position, so DO NOT apply if you are only available during the summer months***
***The starting pay rate is Minimum Wage**
Kumon, the world's largest supplemental educational program, seeks energetic part-time assistants for the San Francisco Sunset location for math and English tutoring positions.
Applicants must be proficient in math through Algebra and have a passion for reading.Must be focused, diligent, and enjoy working with students of all ages (pre-K to high school).Must be respectful and polite; show professionalism, punctuality, and a willingness to learn.
Duties include but not limited to:
1. Grading student worksheets
2. Guiding students to become independent learners
3. Reading with students and evaluating progress
Full and continuous training offered.
Requirements for successful candidates:
- Excellent English skills (e.g.: pronunciation, grammar, spelling, comprehension, etc.).
- Excellent Math (e.g.: arithmetic, inequalities, factorization, quadratic functions, etc.).
- Outgoing and service oriented personality.- Energetic & proactive (e.g.: ability to work well under pressure & multitask).
- Punctual, well organized & reliable.Additional consideration will be given to candidates with the following:
- Prior experience as a Kumon assistant or a Kumon student.
- Early childhood education or related support experience.- Education or related support experience.
- Higher degree math skills (integrals, trigonometry, sequences, calculus, etc.).
- High level English language skills (complex sentence structure, main idea, summation, analysis/critique)
Please email a short paragraph about yourself as well as contact information.
Please attach your resumes to your email.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour