Tax Manager Who Wants More Family Time
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join us here at Kruze Consulting
You'll do the work you love helping cutting-edge tech startups succeed while you enjoy your 100% remote lifestyle at Kruze Consulting.
- Kruze Consulting provides Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, Human Resources, and Tax services to over 750 VC backed Startups across the world. Our client base consists of Seed, Series A, and Series B startups backed by top tier Venture Capital Funds.
- Kruze Consulting is recognized as one of the TOP 20 Places to Work by Accounting Today.
- Kruze Consulting is a 2022 Inc 5000 Honoree.
- Kruze Consulting has a track record of developing their employees to their highest potential. If you are looking to learn and grow as an Accounting & Tax Professional, working at Kruze Consulting is a terrific opportunity.
INCOME TAX REVIEW AND SIGN OFF
- Review and sign off on ~100 to 150 1120 tax returns.
- 25% of these are very straightforward, easy, first or second-year filings.
- 25% have a 5471.
- 25% of these have an M3.
- All returns will be prepped, but you may need to give feedback/corrections to the Senior Tax Accountant who prepared it.
CONSULTING TAX WORK
- Help troubleshoot Account Manager client tax issues. Answer questions and resolve clients’ tax problems. Resolve any IRS notices or audit requests.
- Assist in all M&A transactions: gather documents, serve as senior liaison to Big 4/acquirer.
- If interested in getting into R&D and or SUT, we would love to leave that opportunity open for you, but not required.
TAX MENTORSHIP & LEADERSHIP
- Serve as a mentor and advisor to more junior accounting and tax staff.
- Perform a 1:1 with direct reports and Tax Director once a month and report on findings/recommendations.
- Review tax billing reports ensuring completion and accuracy.
- Provide weekly updates to the Tax Director regarding tax process status/goals/delays/roadblocks.
- Attend weekly all-hands meetings.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Tax Team delivers Income Tax Returns as scheduled.
- Tax Team meets allotted revenue goals on time.
- Tax Team 360 review of Tax Manager is a “B” or higher.
- 5+ years of experience.
- CPA or EA required.
- Must have strong knowledge of 1120 Corporate Tax returns.
- Must have experience in prepping, reviewing, and providing feedback on 1120 Corporate Tax returns.
- Must have strong experience in Tax Software systems, ideally CCH Axcess or otherwise.
- Some knowledge of International Tax Reporting (5471 & 5472) is ideal, but not essential.
- Some knowledge of Tax Provisions is ideal, but not essential.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS INCLUDING:
Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401k, FSA, PTO (15 days), Sick Time Off (9 days), Company Holidays (9 days).
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Compensation: $130,00-$145,000 per year with eligibility for discretionary bonuses
Full-time: 40 hours per week
Reports To: Tax Director
Direct Reports: 3
Indirect Reports: 2
We take a market-based approach to pay. As a remote-first firm, we are location-neutral using national averages to set our ranges.
The base salary/wage range for this position is $130,000 - $140,000 - $145,000.
This salary range represents the low (25th percentile) – median/market/anticipated starting pay (50th percentile) – and high (75th percentile) range for this position and is subject to change. We evaluate these ranges on an annual basis as market conditions change. To determine starting pay, we use a quantitative methodology and carefully consider a variety of compensable factors including an evaluation of the candidate's skills, experience (work and tech stack), market demands, and internal pay equity. We anticipate most new employees will start around the 50th percentile/median/market. This assumes the candidate meets all the requirements for the position and some of the preferred qualifications. Exceptional candidates who meet all the requirements and most of the preferred qualifications may be brought in around the 75th percentile. Conversely, aspiring candidates who may not meet all the requirements and only a few of the preferred qualifications may start around the 25th percentile.
Base salary is just one component of our Total Rewards package. All regular full-time employees are also eligible for a competitive assortment of health and wellness benefits (detailed below), in addition to discretionary performance-based bonuses, as well as business development and revenue generating bonuses, if applicable to the position.
The Company reserves full discretion to revise, modify, rescind, delete, or add to the provisions of their compensation policies and procedures at any time without advance notice.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Kruze Consulting
Get fresh Corporate Tax Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.