Krügel Cobbles Inc. Full Time Seasonal: CDL Driver
Reports to Construction Team Manager. He/she is responsible for pickup and delivery of materials used in hardscape business. This is a seasonal position early April through mid-November. During the installation season will work 40-50 hours per week (April-November).
· Maintain good working relationships with construction project manager and yard manager. Check in daily to see what materials need to be picked up from vendors and dropped company yard or to job sites.
· Safely operate and maneuver large vehicles.
· Assure materials loads are properly loaded and correctly secured to trailers.
· Manage the logistics of all material (location, flow of goods) to ensure correct quantities of materials are delivered to correct job work sites on time for crew to be able to continue working.
· Inspect truck regularly, record findings and take action to correct issues.
· Assist truck workers and yard managers in loading and unloading of trucks.
· Communicate with Operations Mechanic Engineer daily regarding condition and mechanical issues of vehicles to ensure timely repairs and safe operations.
· Observe and follow all state and federal regulations relating to transporting of materials.
Qualities – Skill – Experience:
Self-motivated positive, can-do attitude. Team player. Familiarity of various hardscape materials. Able to operate skid steers, CAT front end loader and CDL driver’s license with clean driving record and commercial driving experience is a must. Excellent driving skills required. Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish–English). Relevant experience preferred. Willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
Working conditions vary from that of outside conditions (extreme outdoor temperatures/inclement weather conditions), high noise level in certain areas, dust, to an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted.
Extensive daily interaction with yard staff, vendor staff, colleagues, management, and customers. Communicates effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
Krügel Cobbles Inc provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.