Aerospace Production Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Kros-Wise Aerospace is a manufacturer of aerospace CNC parts and molds. Our products are of the highest quality and very close tolerances. Our products support the U.S. Government, including high-end satellite systems, part 121 and 135 aircraft, and the most demanding defense equipment and OEMs in the commercial aviation industry.
Aerospace Production Manager
Position Summary: We are looking for a Production Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization processes. The Production Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed and develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Meets production schedules with a minimum 95% on-time completion
- Experience using tools, machines, and systems typically used in a production/manufacturing environment
- Experience leading manufacturing teams in cost, schedule, and quality terms either formally or informally
- Experience with aerospace manufacturing quality inspection requirements
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers' expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees' issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9001 standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System
- Proven work experience as a Production Manager
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, quality, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise (ISO 9001, AS9100)
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Able to perform First Article Inspections
- Knowledge of large 5-axis CNC machining
- SolidWorks Experience
- Mastercam Experience preferable.
- Engineering degree a plus.
- At least 5 years of manufacturing experience in a job shop environment
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Work Location: One location
- High School Diploma/GED with 5 years of engineering, integration and/or fabrication experience
- Experience with managing a team
- Bachelors Degree, a plus
- 5 years of leadership experience or experience managing a team
- Tool Die Making or Machine Shop Experience strong background in assembly tooling, machine shop operations, quality tooling inspections, verifications, and reworks.
- Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Position type: Requires full work time only. 8 hours a shift- Monday to Friday - overtime expected depending on production needs. Regular attendance is an essential job function.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her Manager.
Kros-Wise. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kros-Wise Aerospace
Kros-Wise is a leading manufacturer in the aerospace industry of high-quality specialty parts for aerospace, and other high performance applications.
AddressSan Marcos, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Kros-Wise
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?