Hattig CPA is a Longmont, CO based company (20 minutes north of the Denver metro area) that provides a full spectrum of CPA, Tax and Accounting services, delivered with very high standards of excellence. We are seeking an experienced career Senior Tax Accountant to fill one of the most critical roles in the company, a person that can work independently and with the team.
Being passionate about serving our clients is a crucial part of the job description. The right candidate is already highly capable and experienced in managing a small office, including all types of personnel matters, scheduling/calendaring, client relations, tax and accounting knowledge, and general administrative duties.
But this role also requires that you are not just a doer, but also a skilled thinker, operator and problem solver. This role will require you are able to seeing the larger picture and able to prioritize appropriately; are accurate and detailed; you are articulate and write well, you have a strong work ethic and desire to learn, and are a fabulous researcher.
The right candidate will be willing to do anything; have an incredible positive attitude, integrity, and empathy. Working with MS Office, Accounting Software, Tax Software, and internet technologies is second nature to you. Some project management experience would be a real plus, as prioritizing and managing multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity for yourself and your Team will be part of your daily job.
If you are committed to client and accounting excellence, and want you to be part of a rapidly growing organization that will help you expand professionally, then Hattig CPA is the place for you!
Please reply to this posting with a paragraph about yourself, a link to your LinkedIn profile, cover letter with salary requirements and include your resume in Word or PDF format.
- Build and manage relationships with clients, focus on understanding their needs, delivering on agreed upon projects and working through difficult issues without compromising the relationship
- Be a part of a high performance team & excellent workplace culture.
- Design, implement, and participate in Team development activities
Accounting & Tax Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge of business and individual accounting and best practices.
- Able to efficiently and effectively review and/or prepare all types of tax returns (i.e, 1040, 1120, 1065 etc.) including more complex federal, multi-state and local individual, trust, partnership, and S & C Corporate income returns, as well as review of client tax calculations.
- Skilled at researching, identifying and implementing tax planning opportunities, return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings, then consulting with clients on these things.
- Ability to stay current on tax laws, rules, and regulations, including current understanding of relevant codes, regulations, and administrative pronouncements on a wide range of tax incentives that impact our clients.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online.
- BS in Accounting or equivalent experience. CPA or EA preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Strong competency in accounting, tax, and technical skills
- Ability to think like a CPA practice owner, and act accordingly
- Quick to learn with excellent retention
- Ability to work extended hours during tax season, January-April and August-October 15
- Five years experience with Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online and other accounting software
- Five years public tax experience