Mechanical HVAC / Plumbing Design Technician
- Expired: 28 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Krier & Blain is looking for a responsible, hard-working individual for a Mechanical Design Technician. As a design technician you will be responsible for the development of complete and accurate CAD models, drawings, and design documents for HVAC and plumbing systems using AutoCAD and REVIT. The designer will work under the close guidance of senior engineers and project managers to create proper construction documents. The Mechanical Design Technician will be required to have knowledge of HVAC and plumbing commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures. This is a permanent full-time position with benefits. Salary is negotiable depending on experience. A drug and alcohol screening will be conducted prior to employment.
- Develop HVAC, piping, equipment, and other mechanical systems layouts and designs.
- Create and modify 3D CAD models.
- Create and modify drawings based on mark-ups from engineers and project managers.
- Maintain CAD files and drawings based on standards and office procedures.
- Read and comprehend design drawing and equipment data sheets; analyze various HVAC and plumbing design requirements and recommend possible solutions or alternate constructions.
- Attend meetings, coordinate with vendors and contractors on various projects, order materials and equipment, and make jobsite visits to aid in installation oversight.
- Perform site visits to measure and confirm design requirements.
- Provide information, when needed for cost estimating.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage the designs and drawings for multiple projects.
- Follow projects from inception to completion to oversee quality, accuracy, and cost effectiveness.
- Detail oriented, good communication skills and computer literate.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple construction projects simultaneously.
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k with excellent employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Krier & Blain, Inc.
AddressSioux Falls, SD
Get fresh HVAC Design Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.