Mechanical Engineer - R + D
- Posted: over a month ago
About the Company
KOVA is an ambitious building solutions company. We develop best-in-class products and kits-of-parts, from the building envelope to the smallest interior detail, facades to flex-space to faucets, all aimed at bringing beautiful, high-performing spaces to life more easily, intelligently, and cost-effectively.
We are a team of pragmatic and passionate innovators and supply chain professionals who aim to change the way we build, bringing products to market that make projects, people, and the planet better.
What You Will Be Doing
As KOVA’s Mechanical Engineer, you are leading the flexible revolution of the interiors of buildings, as well as the core and shell. You are strongly grounded in the traditional practice of architecture but are also a designer who believes that the future of the built environment is productized, flexible and circular instead of disposable.
You’re a mechanical engineer with a wide variety of experience from manufacturing to assembly. . You are a naturally synthetic thinker in your approach to your work, moving from leading a design charrette at the whiteboard, to organizing divergent teams of contractors, consultants, designers, vendors and manufacturers. You’ve drawn on this deep experience, having taken products through design, prototyping, mock-ups, and manufacturing. Your bench of consultants and collaborators is very deep, honed through years of experience, and you draw on them to deliver the most exciting solutions.
As part of KOVA’s R+D Program, you will be a master of many crafts, a generalist with proven success in helping conceptualize, prototype, and develop ideas that will become tomorrow’s built environment. You are that rare individual who can think strategically while rolling up their sleeves and putting plans into action—keeping a keen eye on delivering consistently exceptional products for our customers.
- Lead engineering efforts for all product development initiatives for our suite of products.
- Design a variety of custom products, components, and multi-trade assemblies, including but not limited to cast metal parts, extruded aluminum parts, flexible plastic extrusions.
- Perform structural, thermal, and mechanical analysis to support product development.
- Analyze and optimize existing products to drive improvements in line with our brand values.
- Build teams to execute all aspects of the work from internal and external resources
- Create documentation of all engineering workstreams for on-demand review of work and integration with presentation materials
- Collaborate with the design team on concept/basis of design materials, on DFM & DFA efforts and throughout the process to develop the full range of products.Design prototypes and testing protocols, and manage testing of architectural prototypes, including trials and pilots, and provide post-mortems and go-forward recommendations.
- Work with our supplier and contract manufacturers to support product introduction and high-volume production.
- Work with materials researchers to inform library of materials that satisfy performance aspects of KOVA products
- Identify auxiliary research streams that are critical to market differentiation, and propose new workstreams for team adoption
- 5+ years experience in products design and manufacturing or design and manufacturing of flexible, modular systems design.
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing methods and best practices and a working knowledge of construction products and processes
- Manage the production of collateral including drawings, prototypes, and processes, and to produce collateral as necessary using industry-standard tools as well as collaboration tools such as Google Suite, Miro, etc.
- Applied understanding of a wide variety of disciplines including acoustics, manufacturing processes, construction, and structural engineering
- Passion for this kind of work, and a desire to forge a path through uncertainty for excellent results
Do you align with our values and our goals? Please only apply if you feel as strongly about these principles as we do. We live, breathe, and work by these values every day.
Innovate. Boldly. We are changemakers. We think BIG, really BIG, resisting doubt and hand-wringing to build momentum, create action, and drive toward a better future.
Be Agile. Creating change takes courage and flexibility. We embrace the unknown, bounce back from mistakes, and keep an open mind. With our customers, and with each other, we come to the table with solutions.
Be Accountable. We are customer-obsessed, delighting the customer by doing what we say we will do, and delivering on time. We are committed to excellence, and we deliver results.
Care. A lot. At KOVA, there is no I, just we. We succeed together, running to the fires and shoring up gaps where we see them. We treat others with respect, jumping in to help where needed, owning what needs to be done and acting on it passionately.
Communicate Openly and Often. We remove barriers and create success by collaborating courageously, fostering a safe place to share ideas, voice concerns, and to disagree.
Persevere. When the going gets tough, we dig deep. We roll up our sleeves and do what needs to be done. We are resilient and scrappy. Challenges are our stepping-stones to a better solution.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally manually lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
If this sounds like you, you should apply right away so we can discuss how you can be a part of this exciting, fast-paced organization!
Kova Products, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Francisco, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Kova Products