Project Manager - DOD
- Expired: January 22, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Korte Company is seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our team in St. Louis, MO or Highland, IL to act as the primary point of contact and coordination on our existing and future projects. This position will be responsible for overseeing the organization, scheduling and implementation of all aspects of the project, including budget and managing customer expectations. The ideal candidate will have experience in the construction industry with a successful history of project completion.
- Maintain open contact with owners, customers and subcontractors
- Read and interpret specifications and plans to determine requirements and planning procedures
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications
- Partner with Supervisor to budget, manage and forecast subcontractor labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables and general conditions
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of Supervisor to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company's interest while maintaining good relationship with the customer
- Complete all reports and records in an accurate and timely manner
The characteristics listed below are representative of those sought to perform this job successfully.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Self-starter and motivated with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional in actions and appearance
- Effective interactions with customers, subcontractors, employees and assistants
- Strong computer skills
- Previous experience with P6 is preferred
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
Qualified applicants will have:
- Degree in Construction Management or Construction Engineering preferred
- 10 years of construction Project Management experience
- Construction experience building DOD projects nationwide.
- Hangar, Reserve/Training Centers, Simulators & Dorm experience preferred.
- Ground-Up projects over 15M preferred.
- History working on military bases and partnering with NAVFAC and USACE.
- Willing to travel or relocate to the jobsite as necessary.
ABOUT THE KORTE COMPANY
The Korte Company was founded in 1958 on the belief that professionalism, quality and value added services are fundamental to a successful company. More than fifty years later, that philosophy has earned Korte the reputation for delivering high quality, responsive services to our clients nationwide. Korte pursues large construction projects from offices in St. Louis, MO, Highland, IL, Norman, OK, and Las Vegas, NV.
This position is eligible for our competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) and company paid holidays. Only fully qualified candidates should apply. No phone calls, direct mailings or drop-in inquiries allowed. The Korte Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer Affirmative Action M/F/Vet/Disability.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
ConstructionView all jobs at Korte
Get fresh Construction Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.