· Provide routing information and issue shipping instructions to Warehouse
· Prepare documentation for Shipments to include, Bill of Lading, Shipping Labels, & Packing List.
· Verify and maintain records on all outgoing shipments
· Track inventory and report any shortages to sales team
· Ensure all carriers arrive on time and are loaded within designated time slots.
· Interacting with drivers, ensuring that they sign in/out
· Prepare & Request Quotes for Outgoing Shipments.
· Experience with Customs Documentation & HST Codes.
· Forklift Experience
· Assist other departments as needed
· Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
· Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Able to work effectively with little to no supervision.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work well in stressful situations and to remain calm and positive in adverse situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying and moving parts, materials, and product.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in shipping.
- Must possess the ability to work with others in a friendly but firm manner to achieve shipping deadlines.
- High School diploma or GED.
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook).