JOB DESCRIPTION: Korean American Family Services (KFAM) is a non-profit organization specializing in family violence, mental health, and social services to Korean immigrant families. KFAM is seeking a highly-motivated, Korean bilingual clinical counselor to work under the supervision of the Clinical Counseling Manager and Clinical Supervisor. The counselor will provide clinical counseling to children and adults in individual and group settings.
• Provide clinical counseling to individuals, couples, and families
• Develop individual treatment plan, objectives and interventions for assigned clients.
• Document client services in accordance with DMH standards (RRR and PEI programs) and other government contract requirements
• Provides outreach, advocacy, and community education/awareness to community members
• Crisis Intervention to clients
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Social Work or Marriage & Family Therapy (MSW or MFT)
• License in Marriage Family Therapy or Clinical Social Work preferred
• Bilingual in Korean required
• 2-3 years’ Department of Mental Health (DMH) service experience in a non-profit or government setting required.
• Experience working with Korean Americans preferred
• Ability to work some evenings and Saturday mornings, as needed
• Well-organized, self-directed, highly-motivated, and hard-working
• Must have driver’s license, insurance and be willing to drive, as needed
BENEFITS: Annual salary DOE plus generous benefits.
CONTACT: Please email your resume AND 2-3 references. (no phone calls please)