Bridge Construction Technician / Worker
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The KRS team is looking for dynamic individuals that are highly self-motivated to join our mobile bridge construction crews and enjoy a rewarding career while traveling the United States.
Koppers Railroad Structures, Inc. has been at the forefront of railroad bridge rehabilitation in the United States and Canada since the mid-1950s. We are one of the nation's largest railroad bridge contracting and engineering companies, serving Class 1, regional and short line railroads. KRS has a strong safety culture and is a trusted partner with the railroad industry. We have been building careers for over 60 years and offer competitive wages with a rich benefits package.
With a base knowledge of construction tasks and physical labor experience, the Bridge Construction Technician will be trained to assist their Foreman with tasks associated with the repair and construction of railroad bridges.
This position involves continuous travel from job to job throughout the United States with rapid advancement opportunities.
The average starting wage for this role will be between $20.00 - $22.00 per hour ($60,000 and $75,000 per year), commensurate with experience. Our weekly lodging allowance begins at $105 per work day and will be paid according to policy guidelines.
- Remove steel rivets with pneumatic tool
- Tighten structural steel bolts with impact wrench
- Remove existing structural steel with oxygen and acetylene torch
- Drill holes in existing or new structural steel with magnetic drill
- Drill holes in existing or new timber with 1/2" Electric or Hydraulic Drill
- Hang Scaffolding
- Work at heights while utilizing lineman equipment
- Ascend and descend slopes with rough terrain
- Drive spikes and drive pins with maul
- Dig using hand shovel
- Operate 1/2' drill and generator, impact wrench, pneumatic tools, hydraulic tools and chain saw
- Use lineman gear, D-handle spade (shovel), sharp shooter (shovel), crow bar, and pry bar.
KRS offers an outstanding benefits package that includes the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Bereavement Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Travel Assistance Program, to encourage work/life balance through personal travel accounts (qualification period required)
- Life Insurance (Employee, Spouse, Dependent)
- Paid Short Term Disability Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program Incentives
- Company provided PPE, equipment, tooling, and transportation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Driver's License with a favorable driving record (CDL is preferred and commands a premium rate)
- Previous experience with heavy physical labor
- Exposure to heights
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for a North American based job, where permitted by applicable law and subject to requests for accommodation.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Possess a valid driver’s license, and the ability to pre-qualify for a Company Operator’s Permit
- This position involves heavy lifting of up to 70 pounds; long hours of standing, walking, and climbing on remote jobsites; detailed work with hands and fingers using machinery and controls; grabbing, reaching, and push/pull tasks; balancing, sometimes while stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Jobsites can be noisy with sounds of machinery and moving trains so raised voices may need to be used to hear. Ability to read and write are required as the position involves completion of information and forms.
- This position involves routine exposure to outside weather conditions and involves working around moving mechanical parts with vibration. Work is performed at heights of up to 500'.
- Occasional work around fumes, airborne particles, and chemicals as well as sources of electricity
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
We look forward to your application!
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law
For over 60 years, we been a strong partner with the railroad industry. Our highly mobile railroad bridge construction, repair and inspection crews have played an important role in restoring railroad bridges throughout North America.
Koppers Railroad Structures is hiring dynamic individuals who can meet the challenge of ensuring our customers receive service that is focused on safety, quality and economy. As an employee you can expect to be challenged, inspired, and most of all, proud of what you have accomplished.
Koppers Railroad Structures Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran.
Koppers Railroad StructuresWhy Work Here?
Wonderful growth opportunities, great benefits and compensation package.
Koppers Careers For over 60 years, we been a strong partner with the railroad industry. Our highly mobile railroad bridge construction, repair and inspection crews have played an important role in restoring railroad bridges throughout North America. Koppers Railroad Structures is hiring dynamic individuals who can meet the challenge of ensuring our customers receive service that is focused on safety, quality and economy. As an employee you can expect to be challenged, inspired, and most of all, proud of what you have accomplished. Koppers Railroad Structures Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran.