Bridge Construction Technician / Worker
Koppers Railroad Structures Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you in search of a challenging and rewarding career that offers great advancement opportunities? Are you interested in traveling the United States being a road warrior? If working outdoors at extreme heights sounds exciting, consider joining our team as a Bridge Construction Technician / Worker!
Koppers Railroad Structures, Inc. has been at the forefront of railroad bridge rehabilitation in the United States and Canada since the mid-1950s. We are one of the nation's largest railroad bridge contracting and engineering companies, serving Class 1, regional and short line railroads. We are also one of the few companies with experience working on all three types of bridge structures - wood, steel and concrete. With over 60 years of dedicated service to the rail industry, Koppers Railroad Structures is still growing careers for enthusiastic individuals that excel in a results driven environment.
With a base knowledge of construction tasks and physical labor experience, the Bridge Construction Technician will be trained to assist the Foreman with tasks associated with the repair and construction of railroad bridges.
Typically, our crews travel away from home on average of 48 continuous weeks of the year and travel throughout the United States.
The starting wage on average for this role will be between $60,000 and $80,000 per year ($18.50-$22.50 per hour) commensurate with experience. Our daily Lodging Allowance begins at $90 and will be paid according to policy guidelines.
Koppers Railroad Structures offers an outstanding benefits package that includes the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan with company match
- Generous paid time off policy that includes:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick/Occasional Time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family-oriented benefits that include:
- Paid Bonding/Parental Leave, to support all employees (moms and dads) as they grow their families o Family and Medical Leave
- Travel Assistance Program, to encourage work/life balance through personal travel accounts
- Life Insurance (Employee, Spouse, Dependent)
- Paid Short Term Disability Leave
- Paid Long Term Disability Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program Incentives
- Company provided PPE, equipment, tooling, vehicles, and transportation
- Remove steel rivets with pneumatic tool
- Tighten structural steel bolts with impact wrench
- Remove existing structural steel with oxygen and acetylene torch
- Drill holes in existing or new structural steel with magnetic drill
- Drill holes in existing or new timber with 1/2" Electric or Hydraulic Drill
- Hang Scaffolding
- Work at heights while utilizing lineman equipment
- Ascend and descend slopes with rough terrain
- Drive spikes and drive pins with maul
- Dig using hand shovel
- Operate 1/2' drill and generator, impact wrench, pneumatic tools, hydraulic tools and chain saw • Use lineman gear, D-handle spade (shovel), sharp shooter (shovel), crow bar, and pry bar.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience with heavy physical labor
- Exposure to heights
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Possess a valid driver’s license, and the ability to pre-qualify for a Company Operator’s Permit
We look forward to your application!
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law
For over 60 years, we been a strong partner with the railroad industry. Our highly mobile railroad bridge construction, repair and inspection crews have played an important role in restoring railroad bridges throughout North America.
Koppers Railroad Structures is hiring dynamic individuals who can meet the challenge of ensuring our customers receive service that is focused on safety, quality and economy. As an employee you can expect to be challenged, inspired, and most of all, proud of what you have accomplished.
Koppers Railroad Structures Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran.
Koppers Railroad StructuresWhy Work Here?
Wonderful growth opportunities, great benefits and compensation package.
Koppers Careers For over 60 years, we been a strong partner with the railroad industry. Our highly mobile railroad bridge construction, repair and inspection crews have played an important role in restoring railroad bridges throughout North America. Koppers Railroad Structures is hiring dynamic individuals who can meet the challenge of ensuring our customers receive service that is focused on safety, quality and economy. As an employee you can expect to be challenged, inspired, and most of all, proud of what you have accomplished. Koppers Railroad Structures Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran.