The Director, Program Management – Government Development Programs (Program Engineering Manager) provides leadership and direction for programs to ensure schedule, risks, costs, quality, and cross-functional resources are managed effectively to meet program and company goals. The Director is responsible for proposal development, budget development and program cost adherence, program technical performance, schedule, quality, and their customer relationship(s). Supports strategic planning efforts, contract negotiations, and is a relentless problem solver. Build strong, positive internal and external customer relationships.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for keeping assigned development programs on track: on budget, on cost, on spec
- Manages technology and product development programs and leads programs in accordance with applicable contracting regulations and terms and conditions (FAR, DFARS, UCC, etc.), contract changes, disputes, intellectual property/technical data, and subcontract flow down
- Supports VP of Government Programs in the scope and development of proposals and supports program pursuits. Leads internal processes to drive coordinated management and execution of the won Government technology and product development programs to completion with manufacturing readiness
- Establishes and clearly communicates program vision while maintaining a level of program structure, program quality, and operating within Government defined standards and requirements
- Coordinates design for manufacturability efforts, manages stage gate controls including the design release and ensures smooth transition to production for development programs through coordination with manufacturing, engineering, and procurement resources
- Understands contractual obligations, communicates contractual requirements to affected functional groups to ensure these obligations are met by proactively identifying and mitigating risks, facilitating the resolution and coordination of efforts to ensure preventive measures are taken or, when needed, to correct deficiencies or obstacles to performance
- Conducts regular program reviews to ensure program objectives are met, including performance, quality, cost, and schedule. Manages and negotiates trade-off decisions with internal stakeholders and customer.
- Reviews and approves changes in scope and deliverables including documentation, costs, and customer agreements.
- Anticipates, identifies, and solves program issues related to technical challenges, resource shortages/needs, schedule, program costs and product performance and product costs
- Manages program financials within budget and in accordance with Kopin’s policies and standards
- Supports strategic business planning and business development activities
- Engages with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) to establish/improve relationships, understand requirements, and communicate accomplishments or issues
- Monitors, controls, and communicates project, budget, staffing, schedule, and performance status; prepares status reports; effectively manages program and project scope
- Defines and drives achievement of objectives, both short term and strategic, in collaboration with senior management
- Interacts with senior management and others concerning matters of significance to the Company. Conducts business and technical briefings for senior management
- As a defense contractor we are subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder) to be considered for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 10+ years of technology and/or technical product development project management experience required
- Demonstrated experience managing government programs over entire product life cycle (pursuit through production and completion.)
- Experience in electro-optical systems design and development preferred
- Self-starter with a proven track record for achieving technical solutions that maintain customer satisfaction
- Strong leadership, negotiation, collaborative problem solving, financial acumen and organizational skills
- Experience managing diverse teams comprised of personnel from multiple locations and functional areas
- Excellent customer management skills with executive presence
- Familiarity with DOD Cost/Schedule Status Reporting systems and techniques is desirable
- Formal Program Management certification is desirable
- Being an Optical Display Engineer or Mechanical Engineer is desirable
Why Work Here?Kopin has been providing critical components and solutions for wearable products for military, enterprise, industrial, medical and consumer markets since 1990. Kopin's portfolio includes ultra-small LCD, ferroelectric LCoS and OLED displays, optical modules, low power ASICs and display systems solutions.
Kopin is an innovative company focused on an emerging technology market space