Manufacturing Site Director
- Expired: February 07, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
If our name sounds familiar, there’s a reason why. We’re the people behind the iconic Koozie® Can Kooler – and more! As one of the largest suppliers in the promotional products industry, you’ve probably seen our work everywhere from your local bank to a large concert or sporting event. We imprint company logos and slogans on everything from pens to coffee tumblers, lunch bags, tech accessories, camp chairs, and award-winning calendars, to name just a few. Our desire to benefit our people, customers, communities, and industry is behind all that we do. We call it Keep It. Give It., and it ensures that we are leaving a positive, lasting impact with the products and solutions we deliver.
We’re looking for the right person to fill this role. Read on if you want to know more, and discover how we like to keep the good going®!
Great reasons to join Koozie Group:
- People-first culture
- Flexible schedules
- Great benefits, including:
- Medical HSA and HRA plans
- Flex spending accounts
- PPO dental
- VSP vision
- Employee assistance program
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Unlimited PTO (Paid time off)
- Advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee recognition program
- Employee charitable giveback program (up to $250 value)
The Manufacturing Site Director will be responsible for directly overseeing manufacturing, maintenance, quality, and logistics at our Red Wing Facility. Reporting to the Regional Director of Operations, you will be directly accountable for the P&L and Strategic Growth Plan of the entire site while partnering with the Site, Marketing, Sales, Customer Relations, Finance and Engineering teams to build a robust year over year Budget Plan. You will be an integral part of the overall success of the manufacturing operation and instrumental in improving processes in Safety, Quality, SIOP, Customer Experience, On-Time Delivery, Efficiency, Employee and Leader Development, Cost Management, Operational and Business Excellence.
- Manufacturing Site Leader manages the successful operation of our Manufacturing Operating System (MOS) from demand and resource planning, plant scheduling through the order execution and shipping.
- In partnership with Engineering and CI, will plan and direct improvement initiatives such as efficient layout of equipment, automation, flow of materials, capacity expansion and waste reduction
- Ensures manufacturing performance, volume and quality goals are met by developing and driving the right Operational Excellence methods.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets
- Assesses, manages, and mitigates operational risks in areas including budgetary, quality, human resources, and compliance (both internally for our industry compliance and externally via our supplier’s compliance)
- Benchmarks, tracks, and analyzes annual performance metrics and trends against budget and plant performance to demonstrate continuous improvement and progress against strategic objectives
- Communicates on a consistent basis with executives and managers to establish and execute integrated initiatives throughout the organization
- Obtain extensive knowledge of department processes and performance though visible floor presence and engagement with associates at all levels.
- Utilize process, quality, and throughput improvement methodologies in directing the development & implementation of processes for new and existing products.
- Develop & maintain a highly disciplined team committed to producing high performance products, accountable for the quality of their work, their communications with fellow stakeholders, and responsiveness in resolving issues.
- Ensures department goals, objectives, and policy decisions are in line with the organization’s strategy. Effectively communicates these, initiates corrective measures, provides recognition moments.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, coaching, development and corrective actions.
- Implements standard work, executes objectives, holds team accountable for optimal team performance.
- Responsible for ensuring proper tools and controls are in place to maximize the performance of the group. Key metrics to manage are: Safety Observations, On Time & In Full, Customer Return $, Material Scrap and Loss, Efficiencies and Cost / Std Hr.
- Identifies inventory obsolescence issues and work with management to address them
- Identifies new ways to enhance and promote a positive workplace environment. Partners with HR on our People Experience, Onboarding and Reward Programs.
- Recruits, develops, and retains a high performing and high achieving team
- Maintain effective & collaborative relationships with other internal departments as well as client base. Provide customers with a “showcase” experience to promote business development.
- Mentor the department's personnel to ensure professional, friendly, confident and capable with all aspects of internal and external customer interaction
- All other duties as needed
- Bachelors in Engineering, Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain, or other relevant field of study required or additional experience in lieu of degree
- 7+ years of managerial/director experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Experience in managing exempt direct reports (Ops supervisors/next level leaders - engineering, logistics, supply chain, etc), total oversight to a minimum of 125 employees within organization
- Proven success in large-scale improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Expert Powerpoint, Presentation, Excel, Project Management skills
- Effectively utilize Oracle ERP system to manage business as well as assist co-workers and direct reports.
- Solid understanding of safe work practices and OSHA
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead operations initiatives and drive Sales, Revenue, Cost Management, Gross Profit and Budget(P&L and Budgeting Experience is critical)
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Exhibited leadership in your everyday work (motivated to win and grow with a strategic skill set for growth knowledge and profit knowledge)
- Demonstrated leadership development experience with internal teams
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates to meet it
- Comfort in public speaking with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions
- Data-driven problem to solver
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results of individual and team goals
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm to keep the good going®, you will find your way at Koozie Group.
Koozie Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Koozie Group also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Koozie Group will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
AddressRed Wing, MN
Real EstateView all jobs at Koozie Group
Get fresh Manufacturing Group Leader jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.