A great pharmaceutical company in Long Beach is seeking Pharmacy Technician II to provide technical support in the delivery of pharmaceutical care to client’s support includes the preparation and delivery of medications and sterile products, review of charts for specific information, stocking and requesting of drugs and other products. Technical work is performed under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Provide technical support in the delivery of pharmaceutical care to clients. Technical support includes the preparation and delivery of medications and sterile products, review of charts for specific information, stocking and requesting of drugs and other products. Technical work is performed under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
- Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty, and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
- Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
- Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Utilize aseptic technique in the preparation of all sterile products.
- Aseptically don sterile garment (requires balancing on one foot) and appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Participate in routine cleaning of aseptic preparation area (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- Review prescriptions for completion and accurately generate compounding document
- Accurately and aseptically compound sterile preparations into syringes and vials, etc.
- Properly use all compounding equipment such as balances and measuring devices
- Complete bi-annual re-certification of IV- training
- Adapt to changes in policies and procedures according to changes in laws affecting the pharmacy.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the responsibility of his/her position under the law, within the pharmacy, and as it relates to the pharmacy’s practice of compounding, including all state and national laws, regulations, and standards
- 95% Standing, approximately 8 hours per day
- Prepare patient drug orders according to procedure
- Select correct medication, strength, and dosage form
- Count, measure, weigh, and pour medications as necessary
- Generate compounding document per policies and procedures
Clean counters, medication drawers, carts, shelves, and equipment as needed, Complete annual re-certification
- Communicate openly and respectfully with fellow staff members and pharmacist supervisors to ensure smooth and efficient pharmacy operations;
- Participate in the training of new technicians
- Notify pharmacist of any issues regarding orders
- Communicate stock utilization and ordering needs
- Check medication expiration dates and alert pharmacists
- Report to work promptly as scheduled without excessive absenteeism, tardiness, etc.
- Quickly and effectively multi-task and prioritize work and keep up with work-flow in a fast pace environment
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Maintain confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Work collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, pharmacist, patients, interns, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
- Maintain supply inventory and generate supply request form
- Work with minimal direction upon completion of training
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current California State Pharmacy Technician License;
- Minimum 1 year compounding/infusion experience preferred;
- Strong mathematical computation skills;
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary;
- Able to lift 30-40 pounds
Status: Temporary with possibility of temp to hire
Hours of Operation: 9:00am -5:00pm, Monday through Thursday with two Fridays a month.
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 per hour
Why Work Here?
If you're looking for an opportunity with an exciting, growing company, apply today!