Skip to Main Content

Mechanical Designer/Technician

Konik PrimeStaff Minneapolis, MN

  • Posted: 16 days ago
  • $24 to $29 Hourly
  • Contractor
Job Description

Mechanical Designer/ Technician 
Minneapolis, MN | Contract to Hire | $24.00 - $28.85/hr

Konik PrimeStaff is partnering with a Minneapolis manufacturing company that has a great opportunity for the mechanical designer who likes to work with their hands. 70% of this position is designing new products, generating manufacturing prints, and layouts using AutoCAD (The company will be adding Inventor by the end of the year.). The remaining 30% is a combination of technician responsibilities and oversight of the facility.

This employer is easily accessible using public transportation and is only one block from a light rail station.

Mechanical Designer/ Technician :

  • Create designs for new products, applications, and manufacturing
  • Coordinate as needed with external suppliers
  • Disassembly of parts sent by customers for replication
  • Drill holes or make counter bores in products to facilitate test fixtures
  • Operate the forklift as needed
  • Coordinate maintenance for the facility as needed 
    • Will be responsible for smaller tasks such as shoveling snow from walks and changing light bulbs
    • Coordinates with vendors who perform larger facility projects and maintenance
 


Mechanical Designer/ Technician :
  • Associate degree
  • 2+ years of mechanical design experience
  • Proficient with AutoCAD 
  • Willingness and ability to use power tools including a Saws-all, drill, drill press and a power miter saw
  • Needs to be comfortable on a ladder
 
Be the first to learn about future positions by joining our Newsletter and following us on LinkedIn!
 
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
 
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.


#ZR

Konik PrimeStaff

Why Work Here?
This is an excellent opportunity with a growing, and stable company.

Address

Minneapolis, MN
55406 USA

Industry

Manufacturing

View all jobs at Konik PrimeStaff

What email should the hiring manager reach you at?

By clicking the button above, I agree to the ZipRecruiter Terms of Use and acknowledge I have read the Privacy Policy, and agree to receive email job alerts.