Nurse Practitioner - Petoskey, Michigan
- Posted: over a month ago
Provides health care to patients in the hospital or office setting. Works in consultation, cooperation, and coordination through a collaborative physician. Functions according to the established standards and practices of medicine for Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan.Major Responsibilities/Tasks
- Assesses health conditions and collects patient data through the use of means such as interviews, observation, and elimination.
- Identifies the need for additional data collection including the need for data collection from other health providers;
- Documents findings and actions appropriately in the patient's medical records.
- Assists in educating the patient and family members regarding a medical condition, procedures, and medication and preventative measures as necessary and appropriate.
- Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Participates in various MMG initiatives such as clinical research, CHF clinics, weekend coverage .etc.
- Triage patient’s telephone calls and provides consultations and/or recommendations for appropriate treatment.
- Performs evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations when necessary.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Attends required meetings and. participates on committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations and CME's
- Performs related work as required or assigned.
Masters Degree in Nursing and Primary Health Care or Cardiology is required. Experience: A minimum of 1 to 3 years work experience as a Nurse Practitioner is required.Certification
Current certifications in BLS, CPR, AMA, APA and ACLS are required with current RN license and Nurse Practitioner licensure with current certification from the Society of Pediatric Nurses (SPN), American Association of Nurse Practitioners, (AANP) or the American Nursing Credentialing Center, (ANCC), Society of Physician Assistants in Pediatrics, American Pediatric Society
Kona Medical Consulting
HealthcareView all jobs at Kona Medical Consulting
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?