The welder plays a critical role in ensuring our ASME pressure vessels exceed all applicable quality standards. We are looking for welders with a strong work ethic and attention to detail to join a strong team. This is a great opportunity for a welder that is interested in growing his or her skills on a wide variety of projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Set up welding machines based on the job at hand or using a Welding Procedure Specification
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements
- MIG, TIG and Arc weld steel, aluminum and stainless steel components based on the specifications of the blueprints and/or drawings
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Follow, create and help maintain Welding Procedure Specifications
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Assemble items as instructed by supervisor
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Welding test may be administered
- 2 years of experience with MIG, TIG and/or Sub Arc welding
- Ability to work without supervision while also working within larger team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Vocational, technical or high school education