The sheet metal operator will assist in our Plate & Sheet area by bending and forming sheet metal into a wide variety of shapes and sizes to support the diverse work flowing through our job shop. This is a great opportunity for a machine operator that is interested in growing his or her skills on a wide variety of projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operate press brake, power rolls, and sheet metal shears to bend, form, straighten, stretch, punch, or roll metal into a wide variety of forms such as channels, angles, T-sections, plates, and drums.
- Follow instructions to make simple set ups receiving assistance from higher grade operators in more difficult situations.
- Pencil mark bending lines and rolling limits; manually insert and position material and lower rolling ramp to predetermined depth by checking dial indicator.
- Load and unload presses and move parts and tools around work area as required.
- Check work to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Perform daily and periodic cleaning of tools to insure proper utilization of equipment.
- Drill, grind, trim, burr, ID and document work as required to complete job assignment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- 1 year of experience with sheet metal forming
- Ability to work without supervision while also working within larger team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Vocational, technical or high school education